Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toys

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

SMURFS, my god the smurfs! /flashbacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭tibilt

all of the smurfs were eunuchs. smurfet was an evil spy who was sent in to destroy the smurfs but then became entranced by their way of life and joined them.

heart is the universally accepted fifth element.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

or the other less accepted theory: Orgies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

Big orgies.

In what movie or tv show did I hear that explanation for the Smurfs before? Anyone?

Didn't anyone else play with little model animals from the Early Learning Centre? Ah the joys of creating a big farm... Of course, then my dinosaur obsession kicked in and it was a farm being attacked by a big-ass T-Rex from Jurassic Park but whatever. Ah dinosaurs... Everyone liked dinosaurs right? I've yet to meet someone (well, a boy anyway) who didn't at some point own a toy ... a toy... Oh god, I've forgotten the name. Dinosaur with three horns? Um... Stego..No.. Diplo.. No... Aaaa! My youth!

Wait, I'll remember. . . Triceratops! That was it. Woo! I may have had to use Google to look it up but whatever. Anyway, yeah, I've yet to meet someone who didn't own one of them as a child. A toy one that is.

Yeah, Hero Turtles was about the only Animal/Person-super hero cartoon that was any good. Does anyone recall Martian Mice? Or Biker Mice from mars or something like that? And Street Sharks? God, they were awful.

On a different note : 'Earthworm Jim! He's such a groovy guy! Earthworm Jim! He rockets through the sky! Jim was just a dirt eating, chewy length of worm flesh then all that came to a crashing end...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭the_only_Ali

I didn't have a triceratops... well I did but a sort of tie-dyed, cuddly one. I did have a big red bucket of lego tho... that was brilliant. Yes, earthworm jim was fun... he reminded me of my teacher in 3rd class. What was with that weird dog sidekick? Was there a weird dog sidekick? Maybe Im thinking of a different cartoon worm...

Ooh, anyone have puppy in my pockets? They were damn cool. I had a big house for them, and there were ponies, and kitties, and you got them free in cereal!!! I used to always make my mom buy cereal just so I get the little dog.

Anyone else read Mr. Men books? They were brilliant.
    And yes, Smurfs were perveted. I had the board game. Twas very enjoyable... hehe hee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Oh man, Mr. Men!!!! But no, the Little Misses were FAR better. In fact my nickname in primary school was Little Miss ChatterBox...given to me by my teacher, I have to say, not my friends :D And the smurfs rocked :) Didn't kinder eggs have little model smurfs in them for a while? Or am I dreaming?

its from donnie darko peterfing

the dog sidekick in earthworm jim was peter puppy. he used to turn into a giant angry monster whenever exposed to a rare scottish dish known as haggis. in this form he usually inadvertently saved the day while earthworm jim took the credit.

Oh, I thought it was from that crap show Weird Science...

Ha, all the best charcters are called Peter. That puppy... um... that guy in the Bible...
    I'd forgotten he turned into a monster. Who can remember the Evil Queen's full name? I can :)
    The Evil Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering .... ?

...pus-filled slug-for-a-butt.

Actually its :
    The Evil Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-Filled, Malformed Slug-For-A-Butt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Yep. Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-Filled, Malformed Slug-For-A-Butt.

If memory serves me right, Peter Puppy turned into the giant dog thing when he felt fear. Haggis was only a recurring side-theme. Before his transformation, he would recite a modified form of the Bene Gesserit meditation from Dune: "I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total oblivion." But then he'd turn purple anyway.

Advertisement