Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips for Driving Test.

• 22-03-2004 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Just got a call saying that my driving test is next Monday....

Just wanted to start this thread so other posters who have done their test can give their tips to people like me or any other people who might be doing their test in the future.

I have two pre-tests booked but any tips like what to look out for or anything surprising that they found while doing their test will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

1. Reversing around corner - tip your side mirror downwards so that you can see the kerb.
    2. Reversing straight back - pick an object in the distance and focus on it
    3. Move all mirrors slightly off so that you have to move your head to see in them. That way the tester notices that you are using your mirrors.
    4. Drive the test route beforehand - obvious I suppose.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

1. Reversing around corner - tip your side mirror downwards so that you can see the kerb.

Not sure about this one, I've heard of the examiner picking up on it. Besides you shouldn't be using your side mirror too much when reversing around the corner so it shouldn't make too much difference.

I'd agree with all the other points, especially moving the mirror so that you have to tilt your head to look at it. Showing that you're checking this every couple of minutes shows that you're observant and know what the state of the road is but its not obvious unless you actually move your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Be careful when you pull out of the test centre. Theres nothing like a bit of nervous tension to cause a heavy boot and get you up to 40 in a 30. It's a rather nervous few seconds while you try to scruub off the speed without obviously doing so ;) (especially considering it was a diesel - the tester took no notice - I passed)

WRT observation I found that the general mirroring and observation took care of itself on the day as I had put a while into making sure I was worried about it. Just make sure your observation prior to and during manouvering is perfect and you'll be half way to passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Yeah - I was thinking about moving the mirrors a bit so that I could see the kurb.

Thanks lads - anyone else?

• Advertisement
Advertisement