Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol Prices

Options
  • 22-03-2004 11:04am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me why petrol has increased by 3c over the weekend?? Very sneaky of them to say the least

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

One word:

Capitalism

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

A 3c increase across the country or what?
    It didn't increase in Texaco, Lucan anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Just go to the Tesco in Finglas/Glasnevin - 81.4c yesterday, the Shell opposite the cemetary was 81.9c.

The Esso however was 84.9c.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Ah so I wasn't just seeing things! The Esso nearest to where I'm living is currently at 88.9 but the Maxol station 5 mins down the road is 86.9. At least I think thats what theyre charging. I must start paying more attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Doctor J
    Just go to the Tesco in Finglas/Glasnevin

Yep 81.2 cents last Friday and with my €80 worth of shopping that's further reduced to 71.2 cents. Saved about €12 on the 80 liters I tanked :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Originally posted by rymus
    Ah so I wasn't just seeing things! The Esso nearest to where I'm living is currently at 88.9 but the Maxol station 5 mins down the road is 86.9. At least I think thats what theyre charging. I must start paying more attention.

There can be quite significant differences.
    e.g, the station on the southbound dual-carraigeway between cabinteely and Wyattville junction has unleaded at 93.9 cents which is fckuing expensive when you consider that my local station is 86.9

For say a 30 litre fillup that's a difference of €2.10 per fillup.
    If you put 30 litres in every week for a year you've just given away 109.20 for one year.

Why give them more money for the same product and service?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

On friday it was 87.9 c for Petrol, today it is now 90.9c

Diesel is also up the same and home heating oil going up to 42c a litre from 38c.

I do not understand it, I was in 3 different towns on the way to work and all were the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Glad I'm not the only one! From being (reasonably) ok prices in most of my local garages have *all* gone upto 89.9 at least with a couple at 92.9 :(

Can someone give me directions to the tesco garage in Finglas (and how does this further discount thing work when you shop there?) Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oil is heading for 40 dollars a barrel. Proberly has something to do with it.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Petrol prices. Quick to go up. Slow to come back down.

Is it just me or is petrol cheaper on the southside of Dublin in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

I think its just you. The tesco garage is handy enough to get to, take the finglas exit off the M50 and head directly towards finglas down the dual carriageway thorugh the roundabout after the statoil, under the bridge after the roundabout 2 sets of traffic lights later and you should be able to see the tesco station on your right hand side!

The discount works for every €40 you spend in the tesco shopping center you get a futher 5c off ur petrol. I think u show ur receipt or maybe its the value card they give u or something.

Cheers
    Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Originally posted by pedro ferio-vti
    The discount works for every €40 you spend in the tesco shopping center you get a futher 5c off ur petrol. I think u show ur receipt or maybe its the value card they give u or something.

Ah cheers for that Pete (and the directions!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭pedro ferio-vti

no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Just to confirm, you spend €40 or more on groceries at Tesco in Clearwater, Finglas and you get a voucher for 5c off per litre, no need for Clubcards etc. Just hand over the voucher when paying for the fuel and they will deduct the cost, for me around €3 for a full fill.

Advertisement