Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor unlock Vfone/O2 handsets?

• 22-03-2004 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Aparently Meteor store staff have been telling some contracted Vodafone and O2 customers who are eager to switch asap rather than waiting out their contract to ring their network, say they are travelling to Europe and may need to switch networks temporarily and will need there phone unlocked.

This means the vfone/o2 customer can change to meteor and only pay the minimal fees on their former network until the end of the contract while being on Meteor.

Has anyone experienced this in a Meteor store or heard anything like it??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

hi

my brother-in-law got this done but only after his initial one-year contract was complete.

question: when you say switch networks in europe you mean actually put in a new sim-card as opposed to roaming on a vodafone/o2 network or partner network?

just wondering because vodafone/o2 could refuse as you state temporarily. also, even if they unlock the phone (temporarily) would the contract between the individual and the network operator still exist? i would think so.

--laoisfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

dont know bout anyone else but ive never come accross a sim blocked contract phone, they dont sim lock them cos either way they know ur stuck with at least the monthly fee, so even if u change the sim and never use the original 1 they wont lose out. Not many people r going to take out a years contract just to get a sim free fone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

i thoguht they did lock them aswell, they do now thoguh as i learned when i bought my t610

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

i believe they network lock them which means you can just use 087 sim-cards for vodafone phones, 086 sim-cards for O2 etc etc.

--laoisfan

Advertisement