Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israelis kill Yassin

Options
  • 22-03-2004 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0322/mideast.html

Hamas response is that Israel has "opened the gates of Hell".

I'm sympathetic to the idea that the Israeli state should be left unmolested by its neighbours but I really think they're going about this terrorism problem completely the wrong way.

The problem is that most of the top politicians and decisionmakers in Israel are veterans of the Arab wars - their mindset is highly militarised.

The American rssponse to this latest attack will be interesting. It's not that I'm soor about that scumbag Yassin. I just think that Israel needs to get their settlers out of the Occ Terr and stay within the territory given them by Britain.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 gavinjoyce

Unfortunately this cycle of violence is going to get worse now. Both sides are wrong, yet they both believe themselves to be right. They are both using terrorist tactics. Both are killing indiscriminately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

It's not that I'm soor about that scumbag Yassin.
    The man who lost his house and family to occupiers and land grabbers in one fell swoop. Its all really simple isn't it...good guys / bad guys. This was the man who managed to get hamas to call a truce!! yes a truce!. Sharon and the rest of his Zionist terrorist lobbyist friends in Washington are percolating terror worldwide like never before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭halkar

If you come and take my home and buy some people to live on it I go and explode on you too. All Israel thing is wrong, you can't form a country by buying people and giving them money and lands of other people all because you beleive that it was promised to you thousands of years ago. Both sides should comprimise, you can't stop terror with terror, you kill one there will be thousands coming to you.

Reading from BBC, they think Sharon directed the attack. When will they put this guy on trial, he is just as terrorist as Yasin himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

The Israeli response is a correct response... People who damn "Zionists or Israelis" are mislead very mislead.. I have served in Lebanon, have seen suicide bombs go off in Tel Aviv and seen young Israeli soldiers hacked to pieces by the Lovely "Palenstinians"....ISLAM = EVIL read the Koran it is based on Brutality.

The Israeli's have a complete right to defend themselves by any means necessary, read you BIBLE they are God's people, they have a country slightly bigger than Munster and want to live in peace.

Get you left wing, western, no war Cr*p ideas and think about them, they are wrong,live in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem for a few months and you will soon see how barbaric the Palenstinians are....

They do no belong to that land as they are Jordanians not from Palestine...Yasser Arafat is a Tunisian...

And for George Bush he is right to take on the Arab world as WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE UNDER THE TAELBAN OR SADDAM...

Think before you make evil statements about a nation which will be always win against all odds, why because it is foretold and they are god's people.

I am not a Jew I am a Christian but I will always support Israel and will fight for them.

HAMAS are murders, so unless you have been there and not just looked at TV or read a paper don;t judge....Israeli people own those lands and are not occupiers...

An the lovely spirtual leader sent young men to there death to kill innocent woman and children....WHAT would you do if your Family were blown apart by an Evil suicide bomber!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

read you BIBLE they are God's people,

Well if it's in the Bible it must be true

• Advertisement

Thanks for your Smart comment!!

You must be another left wing idiot.....or someone who goes an watches the passion of the Christ and wants to hit some Jews afterwards!!!

The West is full of Idiots and you are one!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭frost

I think looking at the North here as an example, it's pretty obvious that it is a complicated situation with no clear "good guys" or "bad guys".

How do we judge this, or should we?

There is imperfect information flow. Even the most dedicated unbiased journalist can't get all sides of the story.

There is media bias. Broadly, it is pro-Palestinian/ anti-Israel in Ireland, and the opposite in the USA. (Obviously there are lots of exceptions on both sides of the Atlantic).

There are people with other agendas, political or idealogical.

There is blatent or subtle racism. Equating the Koran with Evil is a racist statement. Equally so is equating Zionism with terrorism.

So what I am saying, is this: I think people want to see a conflict as simple, black & white. We want to understand the world and know where we stand in relation to it. In the world of science, coming up with simpler explanations of natural phenomena has been an incredible powerful and useful tool. In the human world of politics & religion, it can provide ONE viewpoint, but cannot give a truly useful analysis because it misses so much.

Own what lands? who gave any lands to them? If they were promissed 1000s of years ago why didn't they claim before and why it was giving as Palestine state and not as Israeli state after WW1. All because of WW2 they just land there and claim the lands saying we have no where to go, what happened all those people there? Do you think people in Israel are from Middle East? Most are from East Europe and Russia. If you are jew you can go to Israel and giving lands money house but if you are palestine or muslim you get looked down. And I have seen that and yes I was in there too and yes I am not just talking by TV or papers. You should go to Palestine and see how they leve these days while Israelis living in far better than them.

Not all muslims are terrorists and Islam DOES NOT equal Evil, you read the Kuran before you know what you are talking about. Being in Lebanon doesn't give you right to know and accuse Kuran. They live different and west should respect them instead of poking their noses in to their lives. For me there is no difference between Israel sending gunships and tanks on civilians and suicide bombers. If Hamas is a terrorist group, Israel is a terrorist country. I am suprise how the world not putting sanctions on Israel like they did to Iraq and Libya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Originally posted by woody
    ISLAM = EVIL read the Koran it is based on Brutality.

So is the Bible and pretty much any other religious text of that era

They do no belong to that land as they are Jordanians not from Palestine...Yasser Arafat is a Tunisian...

And where are most of the Jews in Israel from :rolleyes:

Israel is a country of refugees. That was the whole point of the formation of the state, to allow jews from around the world a safe harbour after WWII. And since then they have flocked there from around the world.

To claim that the Palestineans have no right to their own land (which Israel is trying to grab BTW) while the Jews do is hypocritical and illogical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Oh no their gods people well thats ok then I guess they can keep doing the whole eye for an eye tooth for a tooth thing, if their gods people it must be ok. Wake up.

This was a big mistake by Isreal and Palestine is going to reply then Isreal will reply and so on and so forth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Get you left wing, western, no war Cr*p ideas and think about them, they are wrong,live in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem for a few months and you will soon see how barbaric the Palenstinians are....

I'm sure you could live in palestine for a while and feel no different.

An the lovely spirtual leader sent young men to there death to kill innocent woman and children....WHAT would you do if your Family were blown apart by an Evil suicide bomber!!!!!!!!

I'd bomb them, then they'd bomb me back so I'd bomb then again, so they'd bomb me, so I'd bomb them.

NM, just realised this is a troll.:rolleyes:

Frost you have a very mature and commendable impartial attitude to this conflict.

The Bible does relate to today, it is also the best tourist guide of the Holyland...

And to quote on one respect there was hundreds of thousands of Jew's in "Palestine" for Aeons and Arabs always persecuted them....

The lands of the West Bank of Gaza Strip where nothing but waste land that no one wanted neither the Egyptians or Jordanians.... When the UN split the Land of "Palestine" in two in 1948 it was the Arabs that attacked the New Sovereign State of Israel...

The Israelis captured the lands of the West Bank which was barely inhabited and the Gaza strip and cultivated and irrigated the lands.... Then the Greedy Arabs wanted them...

The So Called "Palestinians" in the West Bank had more rights with the Israelis there than the Jordanians...

And I have lived in Israel for 12 Years and being in the West Bank and Gaza Strip and I have seen there Brutality to there own people there. And lovely Yasser and his cronnies are draining all the funds coming into the country and using it for there own personal gain...

And I have been in Lebanon during a lot of the Wars there so I have both an educated idea and factual idea of what is going on...

Yes people are dying but if there was a real truce and not a temporary cessation to regroup and rearm it may make a difference... Israel wants Peace but the Muslims of this world in general want a Final Solution again like the Second World War and still wont be happy.

And I stand by the fact that Islam is based on brutality especially towards Women...

And Mohammed was a paedophile and rapist if you read the text of it... is this moral, should all non-Muslims be killed... I have studied the Torah, the Koran and the Bible and none is so brutal as the Koran...

But I know all the smart responses that will occur, misinformed statements and misinformation....

I have been on the front line with both the Irish and Israeli armies and I rather be with them than a fanatical terrorist organisation like Hamas or Islamic Jihad...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Wow. At this rate, my ignore list is going to exceed the allotted memory in the vBulletin software....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

This is unbelievable

It's like trying to quench a fire with petrol

What the hell is wrong with these 'Leaders' -i use the term lightly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Israel wants Peace but the Muslims of this world in general want a Final Solution again like the Second World War and still wont be happy.

Do you think that this is the best way of going about achieving peace? Isreal wants victory not peace. What do you see as the end result of all this, 50 years of more bloodshed? When will it end?

The Israeli response is a correct response... People who damn "Zionists or Israelis" are mislead very mislead.. I have served in Lebanon, have seen suicide bombs go off in Tel Aviv and seen young Israeli soldiers hacked to pieces by the Lovely "Palenstinians"....ISLAM = EVIL read the Koran it is based on Brutality.

The Israeli's have a complete right to defend themselves by any means necessary, read you BIBLE they are God's people, they have a country slightly bigger than Munster and want to live in peace.

And for George Bush he is right to take on the Arab world as WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE UNDER THE TAELBAN OR SADDAM...

Think before you make evil statements about a nation which will be always win against all odds, why because it is foretold and they are god's people.

I am not a Jew I am a Christian but I will always support Israel and will fight for them.

HAMAS are murders, so unless you have been there and not just looked at TV or read a paper don;t judge....Israeli people own those lands and are not occupiers...

I am a very liberal person - before now i could not understand what goes on in the mind of Bush, but you have made it clear.

What people like you and Bush do not understand is that - the current leaders in Israel, palestine, and the us are different sides of the same coin. They are extremists who are hell bent on getting exactly what they want. The problem is that not you or I can convince them different - they believe with all their heart that they are right. There is no room for compromise or rationality on either side.

Think about it - we look at sky news and are told to believe...

from the middle east you hear tearms like "holy war" - your immediate reaction is to get afraid....but in the US you hear Bush saying "we have god on our side" - heck their motto is "in god we thrust"

What's the difference? Western interpretation

we believe what we are told

And I stand by the fact that Islam is based on brutality especially towards Women...

And Mohammed was a paedophile and rapist if you read the text of it... is this moral, should all non-Muslims be killed... I have studied the Torah, the Koran and the Bible and none is so brutal as the Koran...

But I know all the smart responses that will occur, misinformed statements and misinformation....

I have been on the front line with both the Irish and Israeli armies and I rather be with them than a fanatical terrorist organisation like Hamas or Islamic Jihad...

And what language did you read the Koran in? You are lucky you got back here alive with this attitude. I can't beleive UN sent people like you to places like Palestine, Israel and Lebanon. Or are you just watching too much Tv?

The land being not claimed does not give them any rights to claim and build on. And Israel will do the same to Golan Heights which is still in dispute but they will build on regardles and put their people in. In that case why didn't they go to Antartica? where lands are not claimed there either. WW2 was not fault of muslims nor Palestinians, it was Germany if they were that desperate they should have put their SO called Jewish state in Germany somewhere then.

Palestine and Israel is a culture rich terrirtority where there has alwasy been history of people there, I am suprised how Ottomans kept them and all middle east and Balkans and north africa and some of russia with so many ethnic groups and religions together for over 500 years and look at the state of it in less then 100 years. I guess you call Ottomans brutal too as their main religion was Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Typical Israeli response - rather than arrest the man (they obviously knew where he was) and try him for his crime in a transparent court of law where they would have to prove his crimes, they blow him up. Really taking the moral high-ground there.
    The Israeli response is a correct response...

Ah - so you know everything, do you? Its nice to see that, since there is such a lack of all-knowing people on Boards. We'd be lost without people who resort to religious fundamentalism to justify their arguments. Hold on... that sounds a little like the Arab terrorists, doesn't it? How strange...

And since you're so fond of the Bible, perhaps you'd like to explain why this doesn't contradict the commandment "Thou shalt not kill". Perhaps I misread it - maybe it actually said "Thou shalt not kill unless you're killing an ungodly Palastinian". That would suit better, wouldn't it? Perhaps we should re-write the good book whilst we're in the process of re-writing history to suit our needs anyway.

I'll keep taking the deep breaths...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Originally posted by Sparks
    Wow. At this rate, my ignore list is going to exceed the allotted memory in the vBulletin software....

Same here :) though Im suspecting they are all the same person using different accounts :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Typical Israeli response - rather than arrest the man (they obviously knew where he was) and try him for his crime in a transparent court of law where they would have to prove his crimes, they blow him up.

Heh, I think you'll find that Yassin WAS tried for his crimes, sentenced to life imprisonment in 88/89 but released under a deal engineered by Jordan.

This was not a nice humanitarian guy. Founder and "spiritual" (???) leader of Hamas, and instigator of the suicide bombing campaign against the state of Israel claiming the lives of hundreds of innocent human beings. The world is well rid of his kind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I stand corrected. What did the Israelis get out of the deal then? Why release him, just to blow him up?

Originally posted by pro_gnostic_8
    Heh, I think you'll find that Yassin WAS tried for his crimes, sentenced to life imprisonment in 88/89 but released under a deal engineered by Jordan.

This was not a nice humanitarian guy. Founder and "spiritual" (???) leader of Hamas, and instigator of the suicide bombing campaign against the state of Israel claiming the lives of hundreds of innocent human beings. The world is well rid of his kind.

Nobody here doubts that the world is better off without him- the point is that this was not the way to do it. Just adds fuel to the fire......an eye for an eye has been proven not to work many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Originally posted by pro_gnostic_8

So he was tried by rule of law, released by rule of law...then summarily executed by terrorism.
    This was not a nice humanitarian guy.

No one suggested that that I could see.
    Founder and "spiritual" (???) leader of Hamas, and instigator of the suicide bombing campaign against the state of Israel claiming the lives of hundreds of innocent human beings. The world is well rid of his kind.

I'm not sure he was the instigator but even if he was what was it in response to?
    Given that innocent civilians of the Palestinian persuation are killed on a daily basis (known to the news media as "relative calm") in between those sporadic suicide bombings...is the world well rid of Sharon or even Bush?

As far as your all concerned the Israeli is evil and so be your opinion...

When an Arab comes to Ireland 9 times out 10 he does not respect our laws or culture..

When a Christian wants to spread Christianity in the like of Iran he gets Crucified and this has also happened in Bethlehem recently as last year.

The New Testement says "Thou shalt not kill", So you excpect Israel to be irradicated is that is because that is what you are saying....The Arab is all good and the Jew is evil, they teach hate in Palestinian schools to children that "Jews are dogs"

That is no different to Nazism....

And yes I do believe and eye for an eye....

I am not a fundalmentalist , I am a person who has lived with both Arabs,Bedouins and Jews in the Middle east, I have been through Operation Grapes of Wrath, Accountablity and the 17 Day War and was at Qana in Southern Lebanon...Dont Preach to me when you are there your Idealistic Western Left View will change to an more educated view....

And I have served in Bosnia defending so called "Muslims from" Serbs and if you look into your History the Israeli's Help the Muslims of Bosnia when the Lovely Corrupt Evil Arab world turned there back on their own "Brothers"

As for Sharon, the Man is a better leader than any leader at the moment and I have met him personally and is a nice real and honest person.

As for Bush, he is a puppet!

When an Arab comes to Ireland 9 times out 10 he does not respect our laws or culture..

When a Christian wants to spread Christianity in the like of Iran he gets Crucified and this has also happened in Bethlehem recently as last year.

The New Testement says "Thou shalt not kill", So you excpect Israel to be irradicated is that is because that is what you are saying....The Arab is all good and the Jew is evil, they teach hate in Palestinian schools to children that "Jews are dogs"

That is no different to Nazism....

I am not a fundalmentalist , I am a person who has lived with both Arabs,Bedouins and Jews in the Middle east, I have been through Operation Grapes of Wrath, Accountablity and the 17 Day War and was at Qana in Southern Lebanon...Dont Preach to me when you are there your Idealistic Western Left View will change to an more educated view....

And I have served in Bosnia defending so called "Muslims from" Serbs and if you look into your History the Israeli's Help the Muslims of Bosnia when the Lovely Corrupt Evil Arab world turned there back on their own "Brothers"

As for Sharon, the Man is a better leader than any leader at the moment and I have met him personally and is a nice real and honest person.

the issue here is not who is the goodie and who is the baddy - they are both wrong
    the issue here is that killing Yassin in this way was stupid and did more harm than good. I'm not defending the killing of a supporter of violence - im defending sanity, and rationality. This has made things worse not better. what is the point in taking a step backwards.

If this way worked - all leaders in the North would of been shot long ago - ever wondered why they are still alive?

They teach no different to jews in school either. Israel is promissed land and whatever.
    I have a lot of doubts about your Lebanon and Bosnia and Sharon stories. whatever that is my problem :p Being through all that doesn't mean that you were educated , especially after reading all your comments about Islam and Muslims and I still find it hard to beleive that UN send you there and bosnia with this mind of yours.

Israel is doing nothing to resolve the conflict there and this is in front of you black and white. Trying to prison people behind walls is just not for 21st century and killing leaders of terrorist groups like this will only help them to recruit more. And blow on their faces more, this is no longer Israel's problem, between Bush and Sharon all we are seeing is terror and terror and more terror. Not only for Israel and US but all over the world. Unfortunately they are Islam followers but it is all down to one thing, which is US and Israel's interest in middle east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jonhate

originally posted by woody

ISLAM = EVIL read the Koran it is based on Brutality.

woody have you actually read the Quran?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Another example of the crazy Israeli government.

That country really is the most evil in the world. Thank God they're not a super-power.

I have so much sympathy for the Palestinians.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

All of us? Have you any evidence to support that?

I'm guessing you've no real evidence to support that either?

Never heard that one before. Evidence?

The New Testement says "Thou shalt not kill", So you excpect Israel to be irradicated is that is because that is what you are saying....
    The Arab is all good and the Jew is evil, they teach hate in Palestinian schools to children that "Jews are dogs"
    Funny...I could have sworn I've never been saying anything like that. I've been saying that both sides are wrong. But say that we all are saying this, so I must be wrong.

Thanks for correcting me on what I've been saying. Now if you could only supply some evidence???

So - you believe that it will be ok for the Palestinians to take action of their own in the name of vengeance for this? Eye for an eye remember.

Dont Preach to me when you are there your Idealistic Western Left View will change to an more educated view....

Well, so far you've apparently managed to successfully managed to misinterpret my Idealistic Western Left View, so I'm a bit concerned of becoming more educated if it means I'll be as prone to pre-judgement as you appear to be.

This is sure to be misunderstood, but I'm going to say it too. Hitler was - by all accounts - a very nice man to meet personally as well.

The point - for those who will immediately get all hot and bothered by mistakenly thinking that I am comparing Sharon to Hitler - is that anyone can be a nice man/woman when you meet them personally. This has absolutely no reflection on the righteousness or wrongness of the actions they carry out in their lives, nor of the decisions they make in positions of power which affect others.
    Careful. Getting close to an Idealised Western Left View there.... you're in danger of ending up like me and having all of your opinions summarily prejudged and boxed in with those you don't actually agree with, by those who at least claim to be more educated.

hc

• Advertisement

excellent analysis my friend

Sounds like you actually know what you are talking about rather that that other random word generator

Advertisement