Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs. Arsenal

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Sky Sports News were comparing each player individually and I was suprised to see that Pires has player nearly twice as much as Duff but they both have the same amount of crosses and passes (I'm not sure if it was passes but it was definitely crosses and something else).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Sky Sports News were comparing each player individually and I was suprised to see that Pires has player nearly twice as much as Duff but they both have the same amount of crosses and passes (I'm not sure if it was passes but it was definitely crosses and something else).

Its not really surprising.

Chelsea are overly relianton Duff when he plays, but most of all, Duff is used as an out and out winger. Pires isn't, as Arsenal don't really use their wide midfielders as wingers, they tend to tuck into a three man midfield with one of the wide midfielders linking to attack. Pires scores alot of goals as a result.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I predict a 2-1 victory for Chelsea and then a nil all draw away from home. Hopefully. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Originally posted by jank
    who did ya manage that now!!?

OK, your probably familiar with the Ticket Registration Scheme that runs at Highbury ? Basically it's not a season ticket holder scheme but it entitles you to apply for tickets a month before they go on sale to the general public. You can get put on the TRS waiting list by writing to Highbury. It must be a 3-4 year wait at this stage...

Anyhow, a friend of mine and his brother have TRS numbers and said I could use theirs for the Chelsea match. So there I was waiting for the minute they were on sale via ticketmaster, just my luck the site kept on crashing and I have to got back to the very start and reeneter the TRS numbers etc. After one hour fouthy mintutes of trying I only managed to get one! Very annoying but I have no problems travelling to a match of this proportion on my own!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Eringobrath,

i dont suppose you could help me regarding this thread?

Thierry.

Originally posted by Henry_14
    Eringobrath,

i dont suppose you could help me regarding this thread?

Thierry.

http://www.arsenal.com/sportsappcontroller.jsp?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=mdltickets

Would love to help you but as you can see from the game above there's not hope of getting them now as there sold out. Tickets go on sale two month in advance of league games.

Have you applied for tickets to the Champions League Final yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Arsenal to win 3-1 on the night, 1-1 to a rested Arsenal team on the return leg.

C'mon U Gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What online sites do you place your bets at, i`m using http://www.gamebookers.com/ as i find paddypowers to be down/slow most of the time

Personally I'll used Ladbrokes for accumulators and www.betfair.com for dingles as you'll get a better price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by bazH
    What online sites do you place your bets at, i`m using http://www.gamebookers.com/ as i find paddypowers to be down/slow most of the time
    If I was doing a single bet I would use the site with the best odds. This tells you all the sites and the odds highlighted are the highest odds:
    http://www.betbrain.com/odds/showmatch.jsp?from=front&dis=1&matchId=247716 Chelsea at 2/1 aint bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Well im not a huge betting man

I stuck e1 on Arsenal 1 - 2 Chelsea + Real to win 3-0 which will return e120. And one or two other small bets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 doozerjack

quote:
    Mentally, Arsenal have been notoriously weak up to this season, but nows their time to prove themselves.

quote jank:

wtf???please explain this

Sorry I havent been online in few days, but here's your delayed explanation (didnt realise there was any confusion over this fact?!)

No need I'm assuming, to go into any detail about last season's collapse, or the consistent inability to progress in Europe, but that double-winning season is the only time in the last 5 years that Arsenal have finished the season with any conviction.
    I was pointing out that until this season, their mental strength, ie coping and playing to the best of their abilities when under pressure, has been a little fragile. This season, they've been cool as since last Sept.

Now is the time of the season when they'll either fulfill their potential or crash again.
    Neither will be surprising.

Sorry for the anguish caused by any lack of clarity. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GreatKingRat

I wouldnt have thought an explanation was needed either. Probably a misunderstanding.

Arsenal look strong enough this year though, hard to see them fumble it this time (but I have said that before . . . )

Chelsea looked good last night, they made a game of it after a shaky start, and look really up for it.
    Second game could go either way. A lot depends now on how Arsenal cope with ManU over the next week. Its going to be a gruelling couple of weeks. If they get through it without losing, I wouldnt bet against the treble as they'd surely be on a roll enough not to crack against anyone after that.

Advertisement