Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 'Property' Forum?

Options
  • 22-03-2004 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

I was about to post something on selling my house and didn't see a really relevant forum for property (although just because i didn't see it doesn't mean it's not there!)

I mean, we do have an "Accomodation/Property" forum in the classfieds section but
    I would see classifieds as purely for buying/selling/renting advertisments not really discussion of property.

Seeing as property is at the forefront of many Irish minds at the moment it might be an idea to have a spot for people to ask/answer questions on things like mortgages, estate agents, solitors, fees, what an area is like etc etc.

Or am I being mad as a brush?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

sounds like a good idea to me.. but then again I'm as daft as a brush also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

While Accomodation/Property is dominated by classified type ads there's also various threads discussing property sales etc. Why not post a thread and see what happens?

However I am as daft as two brushes stuck together with bluetack and fixed to a two stroke engine in a doomed effort to invent an automatic painting machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by amp
    However I am as daft as two brushes stuck together with bluetack and fixed to a two stroke engine in a doomed effort to invent an automatic painting machine.
    Daaang.. thats pretty daft. In fact you're off the daftometer! Glayven!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Discussion on such topics is perfectly welcome on Accommodation / Property, hence "Property" was added to the original "Accommodation" title. Things like mortgages are also welcome on Business / Economy / Finance.

At the moment Accommodation / Property, Work and Business / Economy / Finance sit uncomfortably in the menu tree (less so with Commuting / Transport, Parenting). How about a new top level heading called "Munneh" or "My Things" or "Real Life™"? :D

Alternatively Classifeds could be restructured to:

Accommodation / Property
    ...Discussion
    ...Classifieds
    For Sale
    ...FS General
    ...FS Mobiles
    ...FS Sin Bin
    Trading
    Wanted
    Work
    ...Discussion
    ...Classifieds

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

what amp said..... except Im not that daft

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Victor

Alternatively Classifeds could be restructured to:

Accommodation / Property
    ...Discussion
    ...Classifieds
    For Sale
    ...FS General
    ...FS Mobiles
    ...FS Sin Bin
    Trading
    Wanted
    Work
    ...Discussion
    ...Classifieds

Hmmm a restructuring idea that isn't actually that bad. I suspose the only question is there enough traffic to warrent splitting them?

Advertisement