Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will X-box link cable work with GC Adapter?

Options
  • 22-03-2004 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

I know there was a conversation about x-box link cables not to long ago, and how they're just normal cables that can be bought cheaper. But will the official link cable work between two GameCubes with the broadband adapters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

I reckon it would considering its only a crossover cable unless the gamescube has a different setup. just give it a try wont do any harm
    pete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

If the game cube uses an RJ45 connection you should be fine. No harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

According to a webpage on the internet "This adapter can only be used with 10Base-T compatible broadband connection devices" which means that yes a standard rj45 crossover cable can be used to link them.

If your just connecting two that'll suffice, any more and you'll need a hub or switch which these days are relatively cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

Cool, I'll get me broadband adapter so. The idea of 8 player Mario Kart to wind down a Halo session is enticing

Advertisement