Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ohhh will they/wont they

• 22-03-2004 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

type www.newecw.com into your browser. and see where it brings u. now i wonder

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

interesting...:xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Sweet buttered buckeling ba jeez-us. Who did that?

My guess it was a hacker messing around.... Dont think it means anything in perticular.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

all that came up was wwe.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by a-hole

exactly. that was my point

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I wonder has the penney dropped yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Great, more low budget wonky epiliptic seizure camera action!
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

the site is registered to somebody else, its not in vince's or wwe's name like thier other sites are.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

interestingly enough they may need to lauch another branch or at least get some more talent in oreder to compete with TNA (instead of opening a new topic here you go)
    ***********Possible unwanted TNA news*************

Source:
    http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.asp?id=1342&p=1
    NWA TNA APPROACHES AJ STYLES ABOUT LEAVING RING OF HONOR; MORE TO FOLLOW?
    by Mike Johnson @ 10:21:00 AM on 3/22/2004

AJ Styles, who currently holds the ROH Pure Wrestling championship, was approached last week by NWA: TNA officials and asked to "distance himself from ROH," according to several sources. Styles, who has praised Ring of Honor publicly and has stood with the promotion in the wake of the Rob Feinstein situation, reportedly turned down the request and was not happy with being asked to turn down future ROH bookings. Styles is scheduled for dates with ROH through the summer.

It is believed the request given to Styles will be given to other contracted TNA performers shortly. There are a number of workers who appear for both companies including Chris Sabin, The Amazing Red, Christopher Daniels, CM Punk, Raven, Jerry Lynn, and AJ Styles.

TNA does have a number of their performers under contract, primarily to prevent WWE talent raids (wording in NWA: TNA contracts specifically prevents performers from working for World Wrestling Entertainment) as they build the company. There was talk several months ago internally about asking talent not to work ROH, but it never went past the discussion stage as talent was never approached. Around that same time, TNA squashed a planned Raven vs. CM Punk hair vs. hair match that would have led to Punk shaving Raven's head in ROH. TNA instead decided to use the angle for themselves, leading to Shane Douglas being the one who got to shave Raven's hair.

There are several factors that may contributing to the TNA's decision. There have been continuing discussions with TNA attempting to secure a cable television slot in the near future with FOX Sports. It may be that the promotion sees the deal as a probability and wants to maintain exclusivity with their talent as they move forward. The promotion has been very open in recent weeks about talent maintaining a clean image while in front of the cameras, which is also believed to be related to the FOX negotiations.

Other factors could be the recent situation with Rob Feinstein or that TNA, after learning ROH drew 1,800 fans in Elizabeth, New Jersey last week, is no longer seeing ROH as an independent wrestling promotion but more of a direct competitor and doesn't want "their names" on the shows. The latter possibility has led to concern among some TNA workers who are wondering if this could lead to TNA asking them to cancel additional independent dates down the line with other promotions, should those companies show signs of growth. Currently, TNA only runs three live PPVs a month, with a fourth PPV and a syndicated hour taped prior to the live broadcasts.

Beyond Styles, The two major names (from a ROH storyline standpoint) that also work NWA: TNA are CM Punk and Christopher Daniels. TNA hasn't booked Punk in several weeks, believed to be punishment for his part in the Teddy Hart fight. Daniels' first priority is New Japan Pro Wrestling (where he works as the masked Curry Man), thus he hasn't worked for either promotion in recent weeks. Daniels is penciled in to return to both TNA and ROH shortly. He's worked for ROH since the promotion's debut in February 2002 and also came out in support of the promotion after the Feinstein situation broke.

Others who work for both companies include those who have just returned from injury (Red) as well as those who haven't been involved in major ROH storylines of late (Raven, Lynn, Sabin).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

seems like TNA are being a bit unfair on talent here. if they dont want talent working for ROH, then sign them to proper exclusive deals. otherwise, if they are only booking them on a weekly basis. whats the problem?

IMO, the ruthlessness that TNA is exerting at the moment is making them a key factor in restoring the wrestling buisness to a competative enviroment and not a single company dominated monopoly.

You may say at first glance that TNA are being unfair for asking talent to distance themselves from other organisations, but if TNA can offer talent single cell paying contracts to stars, then thats a very good sign.

If TNA gets a TV deal, and with their Iron clad contracts, Im not saying were gonna see another MOnaday night war, but will see the relevant competavness WWE needs to produce a higher standard of wrestling, story lines, and over all kick ass shows.

Plus, its common knowledge ECW gave birth to WWEs attitude era, and WCW gave birth to the WWE light heavyweight/cruiser weight devision. If WWE is in direct competition with TNA, they will update their talent as far as lucha libre and high flying goes. Mabey WWE will make their own X division style.

Think about it!!! :)

Hanza

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Yeah it would be cool if they brought back ECW but we probably wouldnt get to see it they would probably put it on some stupid American channel that we cant get.

Originally posted by Hanza
    IMO, the ruthlessness that TNA is exerting at the moment is making them a key factor in restoring the wrestling buisness to a competative enviroment and not a single company dominated monopoly.

You may say at first glance that TNA are being unfair for asking talent to distance themselves from other organisations, but if TNA can offer talent single cell paying contracts to stars, then thats a very good sign.

I agree with Hanza totally. I welcome this move even if it is TNA "exploiting" wrestlers or not.(Don't misquote me on that); I do think the reason WWe is in decline is lack of competition. It is good to know that in order for WWe to stay on top they need to rival a show that could be well structured (and seemingly from that article) quite impossible (atm) to get their talent. I know if a wrestler wanted to leave TNA for WWe he/she probably would. This leaves WWe in need to develop a new talent along the lines of AJ Styles, Chris Sabin Christopher Daniels etc. which in the past they bled the indy promotions dry. (ECW/WCW invasion angle) Vince got a good kick up the ass after Lesnar and if you read into his words (which often he hints at things) he's turning a new leaf. He doesn't seem to be wanting the wrestlers to run the show as much (This is debateable with big shows exploits and farooq) But I do think he'll be more aware of the talent he does decide to have more faith in for future cases. Whatever the case can't wait to see what mcmahon does with the new roster, hope there is some surprises like a new superstar or two, or even the (highly budgeted) newEcw... interesting to see what heyman would do if he was given creative control over it (not likely) and shane and steffanie back as GMs (better than bischoff and Austen anyday imo)

Vince got a good kick up the ass after Lesnar and if you read into his words (which often he hints at things) he's turning a new leaf. He doesn't seem to be wanting the wrestlers to run the show as much [/B]

I'll believe that when i see less of Cripple H on our screens :)
    Nero

Lay off Triple H a bit will yas i mean he has a little creative influence but he does'nt make the decisions.

A Little? Oh man are you in denial! The only reason he dropped the damn belt is because he thinks he's gonna become a hot-shot actor.

Nero

Hey we know he is marring Stephanie which is giving him some power but the way yous go on its like he is the bleeding chairman or something. Listen if Vince wanted him to drop the title he'd make him imo.

Okaaay

1) He married her last year
    2) He had stroke long before he met her (Can you spell "da kliq"?)
    3) Everyone knows he can bend Vinces mind when he puts his head to it, just like Hogan did in the 80s.

Oh man, here we go again! I feel like i'm preaching to the converted already!
    Nero

Yea I know, the day we see HHH off our screens to play second fiddle to others is the day WWe becomes great, you took that out of context and conviently left out the big show comment, there is such thing as a non-biased opinion :)

O yeah married her sorry. Bend Vince's mind yeah id say suggestions are noted but i still think whatever Vince says goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    A Little? Oh man are you in denial! The only reason he dropped the damn belt is because he thinks he's gonna become a hot-shot actor.

Nero

I'd say that they wanted a face win to end WM and thats why he dropped it.
    Let's not get into the HHH debate.
    As i've said in the past, IMO Hogan had the to almost hold the company at ransom as he was the face of WWF. HHH doesn't have that power.
    I do think that some people overestimate his power. Why wouldn't he have just got Benoit to make HBK tap out for the title then?Instead of making himself look weak by tapping?

• Advertisement

Because i think everyone knew that finish would have been booed out of the building! That last thing anyone wanted on the biggest event of the year.

Nero

TBH I don't think that would have stopped his ego. If he wanted to keep the strap he would have. God he had it for over a year (besides Michaels one month reign)

Which was still a joke in the era of 12 PPVs a year!
    Nero

aye
    ****Massive potential spoiler!!!!! Do avoid if don't want potential lottery result***** Future conversation may reveal spoiler

Benoit is meant to lose title to HHH at next PPV but that could be before lottery plans

I can delete that but it may be purely speculation

Which would prove my point entirely!
    Nero

I think we could all guess really, not disagreeing with you one bit! TBH it's disgraceful and he should be shot for it :) but wasn't the topic meant to be new shows on the horizon not HHH (again)?

I say Relegate Cripple H to Smackdown and have Taker bury him!
    Hey, have one no-selling sack of sh|t face another.

Now THAT would draw money
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

like goldbers vs lesner

or sid vs undertaker wm13

two of the worst wm matches

As much as I like Y2J, the main event of WM18 was sh1t.

Remember. What a crappy build up. Trips was milkn the quad injury from 10 months ago for the whole god dam match. The best part was Stephaine walking around in that skin tight cat suit thing. Even the ending sucked...

Remember the build up aswell... (Say in best deep movie trailer commentar voice) "Some one ran over his pet dog.... and his ex-wife.... is gonna make him pay!"

Come on! :)

Hanza

• Advertisement

like goldbers vs lesner

or sid vs undertaker wm13

two of the worst wm matches

You haven't see all the wrestlemania matches then, did you?

Bret Hart V Yokozuna at WM9?
    Bossman V Undertaker Hell in the Cell WM15?
    LT V Bam Bam, WM 11?
    Hogan V Slaughter, WM7?

Sid V Taker was a masterpiece in comparison to those four, and you can blame Michaels for the pile of sh|t main event for WM13 cos he didn't wanna drop the belt.

And In Lesnar's defense, he sold to a lot of undeserving people in 2002, Undertaker and Big Show are two that spring to mind.

Nero

LT Vs Bam Bam was more like a Japanese strong style match. It was elbow after clothes line after full on block. Nasty stuff! I cant say I didnt enjoy it but what where they thinking putting it on last? Bob Backland V Bret that same WM sucked also. Why did Backlaund and Bret have to work together for so long?

Now that sucked!

Hanza

That Hart/Backlund match sucked, but it was one of the best storylines Vince had come up with in a while since his return from the courts. People got into the Crazy Old Man gimmick and it drew like nuts!

Meanwhile Michaels was still a midcarder, and he'd only been pushed for WM after winning a poxy 40 minute Royal Rumble, it was after WM people bought Michaels as a viable contender.

Nobody gave a sh|t about The Undertaker and Kama, or King Kong Bundy or anyone of Dibiase's corporation, new talent was only coming in, Bradshaw, HHH, et al.

It was a case of being the best out of a bad bunch.
    Nero

Advertisement