Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Cable usage meter??

• 22-03-2004 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Is there a usage meter one can get for an NTL cable modem? It seems the cap is 1gb a day, although the engineer seemed to think it was uncapped in reality :ninja:

Do they threaten you first if you exceed it regularly or just cut you off??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

You could use something like DUmeter

Apparently they have sent out the letters but only to people in the UK AFAIK for exterme excssive useage like 7-10gb a day :)

and the engineers are usually not NTL staff so they'll say mass tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That DUmeter thing is perfect, thanks Emboss.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

TwoShedsJackson there actualy isn't *really* a limit...
    In the paste 35 hours I've download 7.06gb, and I am still currenty downloading, will still be at it for another few hours, so in les than 48 hours I will have downloaded just under 10gigs.. nothing has ever been said to me about my download rates..
    now I don't do this every day now :)
    But I tend to be proberly over 10 gigs downloading a week, and about 3 gigs upload a week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Lenny
    TwoShedsJackson there actualy isn't *really* a limit...
    In the paste 35 hours I've download 7.06gb, and I am still currenty downloading, will still be at it for another few hours, so in les than 48 hours I will have downloaded just under 10gigs.. nothing has ever been said to me about my download rates..
    now I don't do this every day now :)
    But I tend to be proberly over 10 gigs downloading a week, and about 3 gigs upload a week...

Now that's interesting Lenny :) How long have you had the cable?

Advertisement