Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG what a Great game

Options
  • 22-03-2004 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I bought BFV on Friday. I've been flu'd up all weekend and only got to try it yesterday and today.

The game is Very Good. What complete Value For money.

If you can get past the graphics there is A Great Game Lurking. The helicopter physics are Life like. The planes are so Ultra responsive. The game Doesnt crash.

Also the designers meant for the game not to portray english messages from team mates, Now that is cool and sets the scene.

The Fairy

[The above post has been edited to keep the other [TiG] Gimps happy when I had to admit BFV is actually quite a good game.]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

So ... you're saying ... you dont like it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Iwant to like it, I really do, but its just not happening.

Everyone else is raving about it and I cant see why.

Hopefully it will click soon.

The Fairy.

You played it online ?

Tis excellent online, cannt say about the single player cos I''ve not bothered with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I was just playing it coop in work with one other person.

It seems okayish. I'd say it's a lot better with more people. For the most part, I enjoy the more open conflict style of 42 and DC, but this should be pretty good fun either way.

Graphics aren't as great as I had expected, though I was playing on a sort of low res machine.

Maybe someone could throw together an arab/israeli 73 mod or something quite quickly using the existing vehicles. (or perhaps not, might get a bit personal).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

give it a chance Fairy & Co....after a little while playing online (sp is bad) you will grow to love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Maybe someone could throw together an arab/israeli 73 mod or something quite quickly using the existing vehicles. (or perhaps not, might get a bit personal)

Far too political. Jesus. I know i couldnt play as an Israeli. No matter how fun it was.
    Which is shocking. Politics in games. eeewwww....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was its biggest critic and vowed to bring it back for a refund.
    Then the guys here said give it a real goand so i did.
    Since then i have spent literally the whole weekend on it and confirm its greatness.
    Of course im talking about online play,it is afterall online only with the bots purely for training purposes.
    Do what i did ,play it for an hour or two online and its magic is then evident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I dont consider it as an offline game in any way.
    Dont see the point. Why not just use it online always. Only exception is practising using choppers or aircraft, where repeated crashes will just piss off your team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I wouldn't be fussed playing the arab/israel war...but I suppose an Afghanistan
    80's one whould use some of the same weapons and vehicles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ARKANGEL

imo its better than 42 and desert combat...and the maps are good..with a lot more hiding places..great sniping maps too....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

lol @ edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Yeah i was playing some Tig members last night in DC. There must have been 5 of them on one team. Only got to play 30min but it was fun then i had to head out. Maybe this weekend i will get to play more. I found the server a bit laggy. But then again after i had finished the game i rememberd that i have a geforce 2/pro in my computer instead of the ti4200 which i have sold. Still have all the detail put up to the top so i think that might be the lagging problem affect!!!

Was playing as ( KingKiller )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

still havent got BFV due to this postal dispute crap.

are the mahjority of TiG now playing BFV?

bf1942 and Desert Combat are like soooo last wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea, i'd say so.

I havent touched DC or BF1942 in over a week now. Usually going for over a week without BF1942/DC would turn me into a mumbleing wreck sitting in the corner shaking. But due to BF:V I havent had a bother.

Have played it everyday since Friday now. Must say though, looks better on the ATI cards then Nvidia ones at the moment, sea looks fantastic. Never noticed that on my nvidia. Must get me a new graphics card.

As regards the game. Dont attempt to rate it until you have done a good stint online with it. As BF1942 was when it was released, its crappy in singleplayer. Bots are, as always quite stupid and you will frequently find them just sitting in cars not moving. Out of 32 bots about 1/2 of them will be actually fighting. Hopefully with a few patches they will be a lot smarter.

But as I said, play the game online and you will not put it down. There is nothing like airlifting a spawn point to behind the enemy's base and overthrowing them creeping out of the vegitation. You barly know where anyone is coming from. I find myself just shooting randomly into the jungle now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by Winters
    I havent touched DC or BF1942 in over a week now. Usually going for over a week without BF1942/DC would turn me into a mumbleing wreck sitting in the corner shaking. But due to BF:V I havent had a bother.

Trade one addiction for another, the solution to all lifes problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Winters
    I find myself just shooting randomly into the jungle now.......

Stay off the wacky tabaccy and you'll be fine. Remember what happened to Mr.Clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

lol

with the m60 you can just fire and wipe out a whole division rambo style :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

aye its good fun alright, though it can be a little frustrasting, playing against people with the m60 and also when you get ripped to bits and you haven't a clue where it came from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

u mean to say desert combat isnt political wtf
    the most political game ever if u ask me tbh

cant wait to play vietnam im sure it'll rock unlike what the fairy thinks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I unreservedly retract everything that I said.

The game really grows on you. And I dig playing as the NVA coz you can be really sneaky as a few people found out today.

I didnt give the game a chance to be truthful. I find it a bit laggy but as I'm playing on ISDN it cant be helped.

The Fairy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ISDN should not be laggy in fairness,especially on an Irish server.
    I play all my games on ISDN on Euro servers and have zero lag with great pings.
    On the odd occasion i got lag on Sunday alright on Navan.

Advertisement