Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrorists offer truce / Vote Bush Number 1

Options
  • 22-03-2004 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭

Half serious half funny.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=4607642&pageNumber=0

Funny stuff first - Your local terrorists are encouraging you to vote Bush, because Kerry will kill them in their sleep apparently with his blasphemous civillisation and peaceful ways. You get used to reading this sort of thing on message boards but when the terrorists are telling you the same thing youve got to listen. Looks likes theres a job after college for all the student political types writing satire for terrorist groups.

On a serious side the terrorists *claiming* responsibility for the madrid bombings - the same jokers as above - have issued a truce in Spain as the terms of the Spanish surrender in Iraq are worked out. See, just do what they tell you and no one gets hurt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

Just curious as to what your point is?
    Or is this just a thinly veiled opportunity to slag us "studenty types" (even though we may very well be in our 30's, work full time jobs and married).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Sand
    Funny stuff first - Your local terroristsare encouraging you to vote Bush, because Kerry will kill them in their sleep apparently with his blasphemous civillisation and peaceful ways. You get used to reading this sort of thing on message boards but when the terrorists are telling you the same thing youve got to listen.

Class. And seeing as no-one should bow to terrorists, that means we should all vote Bush.

But maybe the terrorists are smart enough to figure out that step....so they actually want Bush back in power.....so obviously people should vote for Kerry.

But they must have known we were not great fools; they would have counted on it, so we can clearly not choose Kerry and should vote for Bush!

But Iocaine comes from Australia. As everyone knows, Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me. So, I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Oh...sorry....got carried aware there.

Anyway...yeah...the terrorists backing Kerry is another one of those things that I find to be more enlightening about who interprets it and/or puts any weight by it then I do about the people allegedly making the statement or about the object of their comment.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Just curious as to what your point is?

Oh Id heard some Al Queda terrorists had offered the Spanish a truce in the aftermath of their undertaking to pull out of Iraq. Given I had always held that terrorism doesnt work it seemed noteworthy that since the terrorist struck theyve got rid of a political opponent of theirs, undermined international support for their chief enemy, engineeered the withdrawal of troops from Iraq and are now playing politics. Its masterful carrot and the stick from Al Queda. Go against us and we will kill you, do as we say and well let you go for now.

Its like the anti war side have always said - negotiation is a good solution. Either that or terrorism works.
    But Iocaine comes from Australia. As everyone knows, Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me. So, I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Princess Bride wasnt it?
    Anyway...yeah...the terrorists backing Kerry is another one of those things that I find to be more enlightening about who interprets it and/or puts any weight by it then I do about the people allegedly making the statement or about the object of their comment.

Well i find it funny tbh. Its sounds like the sort of thing youd see in a political pamhplet - you know, the terrorist want bush to win etc etc. They even provide strategic advice - you cant beat us with violence, but were terrified of civillisaed international co-operation and treaties. They sound like they were out in the peace protests.

It sounds like crap to me - regardless of who wins the election the war will be prosecuted in a fairly similar fashion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Sand
    Princess Bride wasnt it?
    INCONCEIVABLE!

Advertisement