Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillette Mach 3 Turbo razors

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

yeah i dont shave with a razor any more...... i use a beard trimmer without the plastic thingy on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

I use Mach 3 with shaving oil every morning & get (believe it or not) about 6 months or more out of each blade. Never cut myself & my faces is as smooth as a baby's arse.

They lose their initial sharpness in no time at all, but after that they stay at the same level of medium sharpness for ever. That blue strip is meaningless. Use shaving oil & that's all the lubrication you need.

I couldn't tell you what the blades cost because I haven't bought a pack since 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Kobie

Also I've never tried this crowd, but how do cryogenically treated razors sound?

GreatRazors.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'd say I get about a month or two out of a Mach3 blade. I shave once every day most days. I find the give the closest shave of all the razors I use. I don't bother about the little soap strip, I just use foam. I have a philips electric razor aswell but its rubbish for my face. Those blue disposables are ok aswell, but the Mach 3 is the best I've tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Has anybody bought Boots own brand razors?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Remember seeing this program about shaving. It was going on about how in the future you could get lazer surgeory so you wouldn't have to shave again for a certain period of time . 3months , 12 months or lifetime. At the time it was mega bucks to get it done.

Anyone know if it has come down in price . . . . . judging by what "Mac 3's" seem to cost it might be worth the investment ;)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm currently using BiC Comfort 3 disposable razors. 4 razors for under a fiver.

However, before that, I bought Tesco brand 3 blade razors! OMG, they were terrible! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

I use an Old Skool razor. I get a really close shave out of it. But the best thing about them is the price. Not too sure of the exact prices but the last time I bought them (about 8 or 9 months ago, you get AGES out of them) it was under €10 for the razor itself with 5 free blades and under €5 (four eighty something I think they were) for a pack of ten blades.
    It took me a few shaves to do it without cutting myself (and I bled for ages when I did) but it's well worth it for the amount of money you save.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

And here's my little nugget of information;

Mach 3 blades are the most stolen item on the planet. Shoplifters love them, they are tiny (easy to hide) and have a good resale value. Can't remember who carried out the survey, AFAIK it was some security company.

I use Quattro at the moment, it's preety much the same as Mach 3, but I find it more comfortable to hold and get a bit more control. Only prob is ingrown hairs, I was a facial scrub but it still causes problems, anyone got a good solution?

And before I go, a mate of my brothers decieded to wax his face to save him from shaving for a while, appearently his face was still glowing red a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

try and buy them in the cash and carry, bulk style

or dont shave and grow a beard!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    I'd say I get about a month or two out of a Mach3 blade. I shave once every day most days. I find the give the closest shave of all the razors I use. I don't bother about the little soap strip, I just use foam. I have a philips electric razor aswell but its rubbish for my face. Those blue disposables are ok aswell, but the Mach 3 is the best I've tried.

Thats pretty much my experience too. Though I find I can use a razor for about a 6-8 weeks before I need to change it. Good tip about the lady razors. I must try those.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

Originally posted by OHP
    For people that do not like the Gillette Mach 3 Turbo this is the place to go
    Well I thought it was funnah ;)

OHP

I had to stop reading when I got as far as the googly eyes part - deathly quiet in the office this morning, would look like a right prat laughing uncontrollably! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by viking
    Anyone know where I can get a cut-throat razor in Dublin?

viking

yes, but I can't remember for certain. There's a hair place on Drury street I think, when I say hair I mean gels n' shit, I'm nearly certain thats where I saw them in a box visible from the door. Not sure it was drury st though, twas one of those north - south aligned streets between georges and grafton, and the shop is on teh west side of that street, I'll see it later this week and add another post to make sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

And I thought I had sensitive skin!

I can easily get 6-8 weeks (3 times a week) shaving out of a single Mach 3 (non-turbo) blade. And I can grow a mean beard when I have too :)
    Though I suppose it makes sense that as time goes on Gilette make their razors last for shorter and shorter amounts of time, to continually grow profits quarter after quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by uberwolf
    I'll see it later this week and add another post to make sure :)
    Thanks uberwolf!

viking

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Originally posted by BigEejit
    Ah ... so the problem is that the lubricant in that little blue strip runs out after one shave ... there are a shitload of products that do the same as that blue strip ... I dont use any myself but a friend uses shaving oil and he's delighted with it ... give it a shot and you'll find those razors lasting a lot longer

Try Razorium from Lush across from Trinity. Personally find it great( Use it or Total |Shaving Solution Oil) may not work for you but worth a try. Has moisturizing **** in it that me burd likes.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

that lush shop has to smell the best shop in dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Best shave I ever get is using Clinique Facial Scrub to Exfoliate my skin, then use the shaving Creme from Clinique then shave with Mach 3 Turbo. I get a few weeks from one blade and my face is smooth and not a bit sore.

Only better shave I've gotten is going to a Turkish barbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Viking, have you ever tried using a cut throat. They didn't get their name from some marketing guy who wanted to sell a "hard man's" razor.

Barber's who use them spend month's training on ballons before they are let near an actual face. My bro wanted to get a blade so we did a bit of shopping around at christmas to buy him one as a present and everywhere we went we were basically told to Fnck off that it's a stupid idea to do it unless you have been trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You should have asked them for balloons as well :)

i like the Mach 3 turbo blades, they last much longer than the normal Mach 3 blades in my experience, plus you don't need to throw away your mach 3 handle and buy mach 3 turbo handle in order to take advantage of them :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement