Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invision Power Board Encryption

Options
  • 22-03-2004 5:49pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hope this is in the right forum.

Anyway, I have a forum using the Invision power board software. It was the forum for a band but they seemed to have screwed it up. Now I need to try and extract all the user information in order to create a new board. Anyone have any idea on how to extract it?

Or better yet, how to fix the board. I'm getting these errors:

[PHP]
    Warning: Access denied for user: 'leeway@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/virtual/site42/fst/var/www/html/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'leeway@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/virtual/site42/fst/var/www/html/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/site42/fst/var/www/html/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 70
    ERROR: Cannot find database leeway_trekpulse_net
    Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/virtual/site42/fst/var/www/html/sources/Drivers/mySQL.php on line 103
    [/PHP]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

Do you have access to phpmyadmin, check with your host. If so, login and do a database dump of the data .
    Click on the database >> Click Export >> select structure and data >> save file as and click Go. You can save it as an .sql file on your hard disk.

To repair the installation you could try reinstall it, who ever installed the forum first probably deleted the install file sm_install.php, (it’s a safety measure) so you’ll have to get this file and upload it to the root of the forum. (I think you also have to delete a file called install.lock “as far as I can remember”)

Now call the sm_install.php file, and reinstall the forum.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Can't even get into the admin page because I get the same error as above :ninja:

The phpmyadmin is not the access for the forum, it's the access to the database that the forum uses. For example;

After you upload the invision-board forum software to your site, before you start the install procedure, you are required to set-up a MySQL database, this is normally done using phpmyadmin (phpmyadmin is a separate programme) or a command line interface. All your user info and posts etc. are stored in this database, so before you do anything else, get a backup of the forum data. So if everything goes tits up you can re-install the data, even in the event you have to do a complete forum installation

Do you have control panel interface to your site?
    If so, which one?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Hmm, tbh, the bloke that installed the forum software is a monkey so it's doubtful he has any of that stuff. thanks for the help all the same.

If your really stuck, PM me the details and I'll take a look at it

Regards

• Advertisement
Advertisement