Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vietnam and the nva shovel!

Options
  • 22-03-2004 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

i saw a few guys asking how the shovel works and I found this which sheds more light on the subject!

NVA Tunnel System

- Creating a spawn point in the field can be archived by utilizing the shovel. To use it you need to find an existing tunnel door and shovel then equip the shovel by hitting the "G" key. You can now travel anywhere and equip the shovel to dig another exit point for the tunnel system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

cheers for that karma

whats a tunnel entrance though just one of those trench type thingys that you can run in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I have seen a few while running around on certain maps....you see something like a small black opening in the ground mound of dirt type thing beside it and a shovel sticking in the ground.

I still presume that only the nva engineer with the shovel can do anything with it and explains why you can't equip the shovel while playing as this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

ah cool, i was trying out different classes today and didn't know what was going on and why i couldn't shovel.

you don't happend to know how the allies get a mobile spawn point like they had the yesterday i think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

If you do move the tunnel/spawn point - let you team mates know.

Nothing like moving it next to the US base and getting everyone to spawn there and overrun the flag. :)

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    ah cool, i was trying out different classes today and didn't know what was going on and why i couldn't shovel.

you don't happend to know how the allies get a mobile spawn point like they had the yesterday i think it was

data I do have the answer, on certain maps at the US airbases you see a big box type thing with a rope mesh round it and a hook on top..this can be airlifted by the choppers and dropped anywhere on the map and gives the us a mobile spawn point...if there is a nother way I don't know of it.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by BlueDrax
    If you do move the tunnel/spawn point - let you team mates know.

Nothing like moving it next to the US base and getting everyone to spawn there and overrun the flag. :)

i can forsee this game becoming very interesting in the near future..so many possibilites and I still find new things every day...

Advertisement