Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds Vs Man city

• 22-03-2004 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

3 Points for the whites 2nite...Leeds defence aint as bad as citys and leeds do have great attacking players in dukes smithy and milner

Final score 3 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Ill go 2 - 0 Man City - fowler getting both goals

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

Why???.... cos city bet utd in there last match...this season city have been so inconsistent...

Leeds all the way

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

cos Leeds are dogshit, city to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by kaids
    cos Leeds are dogshit, city to win

agreed*

*leeds fan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by lad12
    Why???.... cos city bet utd in there last match...this season city have been so inconsistent...

Leeds all the way

leeds are going down man city arent

nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

21:35 Goal - Stephen McPhail
    Leeds 1-0 Man City.
    Foul by Michael Tarnat (Man City) on Jermaine Pennant (Leeds). Free kick scored by Stephen McPhail (Leeds) right-footed (top-left of goal) from right wing (25 yards).Leeds 1-0 Man City.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Come on Leeds!!

I hope Leeds stay up, it's like a dream team storyline or something.
    Nice to see goals cominfrom the Irish boys too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

43:31 Goal - Nicolas Anelka
    Leeds 1-1 Man City.
    Goal by Nicolas Anelka (Man City) drilled right-footed (bottom-left of goal) from right channel (20 yards).Leeds 1-1 Man City. Assist (pass) by Antoine Sibierski (Man City) from right channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

gwan mcphailure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Viduka scores from the penalty spot to make it 2-1 Leeds in the 76th minute

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Leeds 2 Man City 1 Full Time

Seems Man City dominated, but the Leeds penalty was decisive.

Under the circumstances, I don't think anyone would begrudge Leeds the opportunity to save themselves from relegation (although I know that, should they be saved, the unwanted baton merely passes to another underachieving team!). Under the circumstances, with their financial rescue and new management team, nice to see them start out with a decent result against a team that, on their day, is capable.

It will be interesting to see if they can follow this through with a few more solid performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by dod
    Leeds 2 Man City 1 Full Time

Under the circumstances, I don't think anyone would begrudge Leeds the opportunity to save themselves from relegation

I would ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Me too! I dont like Leeds for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

God help anyone trying to analyse City's season.

Man City 4 - 1 Man Utd.
    Leeds 2 - 1 Man City.

It makes no sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by mr_angry
    God help anyone trying to analyse City's season.

Man City 4 - 1 Man Utd.
    Leeds 2 - 1 Man City.

It makes no sense!

inconsistent. at least leeds have been consistent, in losing :)

great win for leeds who now have 9 games to get out of jail. no team has ever been this low on points and survive relegation but its possible:

Blackburn Rovers --- 29 --- 31
    Manchester City --- 29 --- 30
    Leicester City --- 29 --- 27
    Portsmouth --- 29 --- 27
    Leeds United --- 29 --- 25
    Wolverhampton Wndrs ---29 ---24

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Leeds will stay up!!I have said it all along and im still saying it. now all the off the field problems are solved they can focus on playing football again and if the defence is right they can perform against anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭gudpony

ah leeds have a gud chance of stayin up. de must win der vital games comin up though. if not der down and smith will be goin to united. oh ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by gudpony
    smith will be goin to united.

I take it you mean Manchester United?

Alan Smith is the type of player they could do without really.

He is a durty player, the type that Manchester United just do not need or want playing for them, he is Leeds through and through, and has already stated that he hates Manchester United.

I don't think a striker will be top of Manchester United's hitlist this summer either.

Of course you could be referring to Newcastle United, in which case Smith would fit nicely in with his other two mates Woodgate and Bowyer, perhaps someone should warn the Newcastle Asian Community?

(Actually I think this move is more possible...what with Shearer retiring the season after next, Newcastle will be on the lookout for young striking talent.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Still think Leeds,Leicester, Wolves in that order too. Wolves to stay bottom.

Sorry Paddy...

john

With Leceister and they're problems, they could rally as a team and grind out some unexpected results, which would leave Portsmouth with a lot of problems.

I think Leeds have left it too late to recover from a terrible season, they will drop down to Div1. They are already being forced to sell their top earners, and a drop in income realted to the relegation will force them to sell many more players. This will mean they will have to play in the first division with a team of players who not only couldn't cut it in the Premier League, but is a depleted shadow of this team. They will not regain a place in the Premier League next season, if ever.

Wolves will be the third team for the drop, they will finish bottom.

So in conclusion, the three for the drop will be Wolves, Leeds and Portsmouth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Portsmouth
    Leicester City
    Wolverhampton Wndrs

Relagation in that order! just think Leeds will pull it over!! as said on Sky last night result should give them some confidence and with Smith and Viduka up front they will always score goals.......

Think Portsmouth will go down and did anyone hear the wisphers yet about Harry joining Spurs.....I heard that the only reason they signed Defoe was because he told them to...also when Defoe was signed Spurs came out and said that the new manager they had in place had a say in who they bought......

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Portsmouth
    Leicester City
    Wolverhampton Wndrs

Relagation in that order! just think Leeds will pull it over!! as said on Sky last night result should give them some confidence and with Smith and Viduka up front they will always score goals.......

Think Portsmouth will go down and did anyone hear the wisphers yet about Harry joining Spurs.....I heard that the only reason they signed Defoe was because he told them to...also when Defoe was signed Spurs came out and said that the new manager they had in place had a say in who they bought......

I disagree with your relegation prospects, but hey, ain't that what the boards are for.

Where did you hear that about Harry Redknapp?

It sounds entirely plausable, especially if Pompey go down.

I wonder if Jim Smith will go with him, they make a good team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

The usual.....heard it from a mate who works in the UK.......bookies over there seem to think it is true as well....aload of people went in starting to put on huge money he would take over at end of season and suddenly they shut up taking bets....also he is stalling on a new contract offered to him by Pompey.....cud be way off da mark but just wat I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭gudpony

seansouth you talk 2 much

Originally posted by gudpony
    seansouth you talk 2 much

Banning?.....please?

Advertisement