Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Outages Kells/Athboy/Delvin

Options
  • 22-03-2004 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

I live right at the end of the Meath supply line (Kells, Athboy & Parts of Delvin) and we have lost power yet again this evening, The 6th time in as many days.

It seems every time there is a flash of lightning or a gust of wind we loose supply for up to 3 hours. I appreciate we are having stormy weather at the moment but it is getting ridicolus at this stage.

My next door neighbours are on the Westmeath line and have had no interuptions at all despite the weather.

Are ESB obliged to give credit (however small) for all these interuptions or is the fact they have the monopoly a liscence to do as they wish?

Yet again this evening I was left holding for 10 minutes and when they finally answer it is the same generic response which does not tell you what caused the fault and why so many are occuring on the same line all the time

I wish I could change to the Westmeath line (50yards up the road)........it is never effected like this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

I live in the sprawling metropolis :rolleyes: of athboy but we very rarely, if ever, get power cuts here. Its been yonks since we had one in fact. Might be the lines where you are maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

On the Athboy side of Delvin, they say it is the "Kells" area at fault when you ring up.........cannot get any more information.

Originally posted by mickeyboymel
    On the Athboy side of Delvin, they say it is the "Kells" area at fault when you ring up.........cannot get any more information.

Addinstown? If its there then I think it is deffo the lines then. Have relatives out tehre and some friends too and they often say that the power goes for a bit on a windy night or an especfially stormy night. Did you have trouble on the night before last during the storm?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Yeah a bit further down than Addinstown, the thing is it has gone every day for the last week for hours at a time and I cannot get any information from them, I have lost a load of work on my pc as it just goes with no warning.

Ring or call around to a few of your neighbours out there and see if they are having the same probs. If they are, get a few signatures and send an official letter of complaint to ESB. If that fails, call their bills dept and tell them instead of the customer service dept. Usually if any pissed off customers call the bills crowd and complain, things seem to happen a bit faster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement