Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk F.C.

Options
  • 22-03-2004 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Are they going to be promoted this season?
    Will Trevor Anderson keep his job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Yes and YES :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I hope so. The level of football in the First Division is a joke atm. They need to be playing teams like Longford and Shels etc. at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Bit of a blip against Monaghan or is it DFC finding their level for the new season?

I'd say just a blip. I was at the match and to be honest I don't think the performance was as bad as some people made it out to be. Yeah Dundalk could have been a hell of a lot better but how many chances had they to score?!

Just lacked the finishing really. Vaughan and Haylock both should've scored at least once, would've been 2-1 and wouldn't be all this talk of problems. Still expect them to get promoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I personally don't think it's a blip, I think in fact that they are worse than last season - and that's saying something. Against Limerick they were dire, but then again they got the 3 points.
    Are you familiar with the fans forum on www.oriel-web.com , nightstrike ?

• Advertisement

Maybe but its too early to tell. I think the team can do a lot better than it is but it certainly has the potential to get out of this division.

Not familiar with it no, but i'll check it out when i can, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I stopped going to watch Dundalk after we drew 0-0 with St. Francis twice in one season. Some of the most appalling finishing I'd ever seen. I also saw defeats to Bray and Athlone Town, and I decided it wasn't worth the entry money after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Originally posted by mr_angry
    I stopped going to watch Dundalk after we drew 0-0 with St. Francis twice in one season. Some of the most appalling finishing I'd ever seen. I also saw defeats to Bray and Athlone Town, and I decided it wasn't worth the entry money after that!

Just think though, Geoeghan and Haylock, two of the top finishers in the country never mind the division in DFC squad. You couldn't be tempted back to erase those shocking games from yesteryear.

Advertisement