Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personality VS Appearance

Options
  • 22-03-2004 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

What do you like? Do you believe that people you met in CTYI will be remembered for being gorgeous or for being nice people?

be honest!

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I only ever dealt with the staff/RA's/TA's (lest I go to prison) but unfortunately I remember people in this order

Cute RA's
    Assholes to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Ok there were some damned fine people there, but there were also some ugly and nice people... Right?

C'mon! Up The Uglies!

:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I guess I remember people in terms of:

My close friends
    Clique people who I disliked
    Unbelievably pretty people (Serena / Keila anyone?)
    Annoying assholes

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

i remember the people in my class and my r.a. group
    the friends i made
    but mostly i remember people's personalitys or the things they did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

In real life you can change your "Appearance", but your "Personality" is yours for life. Your personality will always come first.

P. :ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

^^This is an excerpt from a book of platitudes called "paddys tales", available from all good retailers for only.....ah screw it i'm too tired to think of a good sarcastic comment.

Tbh i only really remember the good people. those i didnt get along with were easy enough to avoid, except for in my last year when i was stuck in a class where half of them i held somewhat of a dislike for. Meh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

On a complete side note... Fio you been in touch with them lately? If you want I could pass on serena's no. seeing as she's living here and all. Also afaik Keila's getting married! :eek: So yeah... madness!

Ah the pretty people from CTYI... there's some you'll just never forget and I have the pictures to make that a certainty. ;)

But nah.. I mostly hung out with people who I got along with... Half the time too shy to talk to the pretty ones. Unless they talked to me, which a lot did cause most of them were pretty dead on.

<sigh> them's were the days. Now everyone's an asshole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

only ugly people say personality is what counts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Samurai
    personality is what counts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

A little of both I think. There were some really nice people. I'll remember them for that. But there were also some strangely attractive people, and I remember them for how unreally attractive they were. Anyone else get that now and then? You just see someone in the street and you're thinking "Huh, that person was STRANGELY attractive" Sometimes the strangness is that they are very attractive, but other times its like they're attractive, but you don't know why, and that my friends is strangely attractive.
    The variety of people was great. Everyone was all... different. I felt like some kind of alien in a human store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

for being gorgeous or for being nice people?
    well, tbh i'm counting on both *tosses hair over shoulder and gazes at reflection*

i think the girls were a lot better looking than the girls at session one last year, in general. so hell, i'm remembering most of the lads for their personalities (or lack thereof)

i think personalities, cos i remember some really people and their names, but i cannot picture them in my head at all, my idea of people's personality never fades, but my mental picture of them does.

plus, when i fancy someone's knickers i usually can't picture what they look like, but i could like quote them on some **** joke they made months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

I'd say personality....ok, so we all drooled over the couple of incredibley gorgeous people in our sessions, but I don't even remember them now. Those people who you were friends with you remember in the long run, not those people who could be models.

( and I know the question said nice people :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Funny, someone I know has a theory that we are only friends with good looking people,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

so thats why you like me, huh cormac? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

On reflection, I can't remember anyone who I found attractive, except one I see frequently, and she has a great personality too. But to be honest, I didn't know that many people at CTYI. I was really shy, uncomfortable around people, and a bit of a prick really. I only REALLY got to know people afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

i remember:

my close friends
    the guys i met.
    the hot RAs
    the people who everyone knew
    the people i embarassed myself in front of (like the poor guy who i said looked like bjorn from ABBA, and the guy who i stalked past the front of the spar all sneaky like, thinking he couldnt see me and then found out that the blinds were closed and he saw my reflection behind him the whole time)

i remember my roomies, my classmates, the guys, and adam the rock climbing, trampolining RA (who became the cameraman on rollerblades). ctyi has the best quality of people around, and the guys are so much sexier than alaskans. major props for that, dudes.

oh yeah, and i remember the chocolate. thats an entity in itsself.mmmm i wish we had cadburys here...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭larry

No Barry you're wrong, Finbar was the coolest RA ever. Unnamed RA, who i would never publicly badmouth for fear of LIBEL you fool was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sex Pixie

I really thought that everyone had great personalities and sometimes the ppl who had the best were the ones that ppl in the non CTYI world (I think that place is called reality or something like that) considered not great looking. But everyone was really nice and it was weird how much everyone just got along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭gigglingrat

People you never spoke to you remember for being beautiful. Or...not, as the case may be. But your friends were your friends, you don't even notice how they look after a while.

Advertisement