Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best best instant messenger

Options
  • 22-03-2004 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

What one is it? I heard there's a new one called trillian that intergrates all of them. However i'd want to hear more before commiting to downloading any of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Trillian isn't new - I've been using it for a few years. Recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I use gaim without problems.

Just don't ask it to do any of the advanced features of individual protocols, like voice chat, webcams or even file transfer. It won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Trillian is pretty good. Combines IRC, MSN Messenger, ICQ / AOL and Yahoo. There is also a pro version - no idea what it's like though, mainly because you have to pay for it, but if you are looking for more advanced stuff that would be something to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i use MSN messenger and AOL instant messenger and i found them good. Trillians not really a messaging service, just 3rd party software to tie them all together, i don't find ti particularly useful but i guess thats cuz i only have 2 progs. I've started using skype to which i find fairly handy too

Advertisement