Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Flashing?

Options
  • 22-03-2004 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

hey there,

i got a t610 from the states and its sim free but browser locked to tmobile,

hence it wont let me install o2 or vodafone gprs/mms settings,

think i need to flash phone to generic firmware to get arond this,

has anyone here done this themselves?

can they advise and maybe flash this for me with my payment?

ta
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is it a T610 or T616?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

t610 mate

anybody....................?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, only thing i can think of is to ask around the esato boards (if you haven't tried there already)?

if you do find something post back as a mate with a T616 wants to dump his Cingular customisations so perhaps the same source can handle both models (he was already miffed to find out he can only use it on the 1800 band here - but to have it Cingularised was like an extra kick when he was already down :( - at least it was unlocked!)

BrianG

Hey Dub ,

does a t616 work perfectly over here on o2 and voda?

I was on to Kevin in Bongowireless in the states and he will do it no probs but thinks its hysterical that i have to ship it the whole way to canada to get it done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

he's using his T616 on meteor, but they are all listed as having 1800/900 type of network

thanks for the ref re: bongowireless

BrianG

they can update the firmware , but they wont flash it to a generic one unfortunatley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dgarrad

Slightly off-topic I know, but if anybody's trying to get the FMA software for the T610 (full control of phone via pc, and control winamp, mediaplayer etc. from phone), the website seems to be down, but you can get the software from here.
    I highly recommend it!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fma/

hey Brian,

waiting on a Terminator dongle from ebay to sort out my T610 ,
    i will post back results , from what i have been told the GDFS file needs to be updated for me to remove the locked Tmobile settings , but would be nice to see if the customised menus gone, also a big bonus is not having to log onto the server to download the software to unlock each time u want to , all software is including with the dongle ,

Ps some of the below isnt legal i aint saying i will do it , just that i am told what i am getting has the ability to do it, delete if necessary .

With this new dongle you will be able to unlock and flash the following Sony Ericsson models: R520, R600, T200, T206, T300, T306, T310, T39, T65, T68m, T68i, P800, T610, T616, T618, A3618, A2618s. A2628s, T20s, T20e, T29e.

With many Features :)

edit: well some of it definatley wasn't - how about leaving it as having 'many features'... thanks BrianG

haha, thats fine Brian,

well the good news, dongle arrived today!

arrived home from work and hooked it up and looked though the cd, there is an excellent toutorial with it, i mean a1,

I first just updated the GDFS , to try and get rid of the "predefined" message when trying to add GPRS and MMS settings, seemed to work fine , but when i turned on phone after putting sim in i got no blue bar for GPRS,

So i flashed the phone , the AVR CPU (Tmobile / Vodafone live icons, shortcuts ect) and the ARM CPU (code for infrared and bluetooth)

Then i tried the sim again, no good, but after this i again replaced the GDFS with the generic one provided and put in sim , rebooted and hey presto!

No annoying tmobile settings, no locked wap profiles, dongle cost me 35 euro from the states and all software was provided,

a result i would say!
    ;-)

• Advertisement

just a wee update,

have also flashed and unlocked 2 t68i's and a t300 so its a fine and dandy piece of kit, and u dont have to download unlocking credits from SE ,

also the firmware for the t68i has given me 12 games for some strange reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

smithers .. what version do yu have on t68i ? me thinking of going for the latest R5 for my 630.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I've a t610 running version R1A081 ASIAN_LATIN_3
    Is there anyone here who'd be willing to flash this phone to the European, also newer, firmware?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

what languages yu want.. i have the latest with english, swedish, danish and norwegian..# its the R8A015_EU4.

on the t68i its R8A015 , dont know if its the latest, but its fast and steady and got extra games on it, so its good for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Originally posted by bender
    what languages yu want.. i have the latest with english, swedish, danish and norwegian..# its the R8A015_EU4.

Well i only use it in English, so once English is there i'm not too bothered!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

OK, I have one of these for a few weeks now and there's a bug in the firmware version that vodafone supply and they have no intention of updating (Bar Stewards)!

Thus, I have ordered one of these "unlocking dongle/cable" thingies with the intention to unpgrade the firmware myself!

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these?? Apparently even if you fadge it up you can still overwrite a "Dead" phone and get it working again (although this is a risk I would rather not take!).

Anyhoo, If anyone's tried it please let me know

Ta

Nick

Mods : Cheers for moving this! I didn't see it before I posted! :o

hey Oakers,

i have used mine on countless t610's, t68i's, T300 and a T39m , all worked fine without any problems at all, if u follow the instructions that come with it u cant go wrong, i think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tony_ire

I'm thinking about gettin one of tose terminator dongles, but I was wondering where you get the latest soft/firmware versions from? and if i flash a T-mobile T630 with the original SE firmware to get rid of the T-zones stuff , will my warranty be void??

warranty would be void yes, firlware would be get somewhere like esato or howardforums

• Advertisement
Advertisement