Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource website updated

• 22-03-2004 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

They updated the website with all the new deals...

Raphael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

any indiscriminate use of the word "unlimited" this time ?

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

I couldn't find "unlimited2 in the description... the only thing is the following:
    "Please note our Acceptable Usage Policy is applicable to this service and forms part of our Terms & Conditions"
    And there's no link to the Terms and conditions...

A good news (if true :rolleyes: ):
    Complete your details and question below and a member of our sales team will respond to your query within 1 hour.

Raphael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Hmm intresting. When I enquired about upgrading from SOHO to enterprise(1024/256) they sent me out the details with an order form and it stated that the 4 port router was free when you signed up, tht was nearly 2 weeks ago. I was told it would be sent out me this week. I was upgraded straight away. Now I note they are charging €299 ex vat for the router. Now i wonder if I'll ever see that router. And €229 ex vat for a USB modem is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

"What company do you most admire and why?
    If pushed, I would say Ireland Online [IOL], for the way it introduced the concept of internet access to Ireland and established the IOL brand. " - Managing Director of Netsource...

Uhoh ;)

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Originally posted by raphaelS
    "Please note our Acceptable Usage Policy is applicable to this service and forms part of our Terms & Conditions"
    And there's no link to the Terms and conditions...

Can they actually hold you to these? given that they won't allow you to see them?

For the laugh: Anyone got a link to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

The AUP is in the support section

http://www.netsource.ie/html/netsourcepolicies.html

Daithisurfer you have complained for months about netsources website and when they do go and change it and get rid of the "No download limit" claim you still pick fault with them. also there is a clear link to the acceptage useage policy from each product. give it a rest.

Looks fine to me. I'd say thats the end of the Netsource bashing !

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

The tables are bugged, everything costs the same, anyone fancy 2048/256 for €30 a month :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Could make a lot of money from this!! ;)
    Intellectual Property Violations - Engaging in any activity that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets, software piracy, and patents held by individuals, corporations, or other entities. Also, engaging in activity that violates privacy, publicity, or other personal rights of others. NETSOURCE subscribers responsible for acts prohibited in this Policy may have their services terminated at NETSOURCE' discretion. If this Policy is violated, the subscriber agrees to pay NETSOURCE all costs arising from the violation, including (but not limited to) transmission of said messages, the receiving, processing, and storing of replies, whether to the subscriber or to NETSOURCE, and any other costs incurred. These costs will be billed hourly at €127.00 per hour, with a minimum charge of €252.00 per incident. Payment of such charges by the subscriber will not prevent NETSOURCE from seeking other damages against the subscriber.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by kida
    Could make a lot of money from this!! ;)
    What's their legal right in reading the data I'm downloading?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Co33iE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Originally posted by talla
    Daithisurfer you have complained for months about netsources website and when they do go and change it and get rid of the "No download limit" claim you still pick fault with them. also there is a clear link to the acceptage useage policy from each product. give it a rest.

Oh relax will you.
    Sorry if i hurt your feelings.
    The link wasn't there when i looked just before i posted.
    I would say they only got rid of the 'No download limit' BECAUSE it was complained about.
    And the link to the acceptable use policy is only there now BECAUSE it was complained about.
    Or are you just the type to sit back and be happy with errors and ommisions.

Some people may want to know about these things BEFORE they buy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

DaithiSurfer is correct, the link to the AUP wasn't their originally and it wasn't anywhere on the website, I infact emailed Netsource to find out what the caps where for this reason.

FYI, Netsource SOHO customers are automatically transfered to Netsource Origin Plus, there is a e45 Excl VAT charge to downgrade to Origin. This is silly as Eircom only charge e15 Excl VAT, so NS are pocketing an extra e30 for themselves.

BTW office@home is only available to people who are teleworkers and where NS bills their employeer.

I've created a IrelandOffLine Business DSL Comparison Table that includes NS new products for anyone who is interested.

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    Oh relax will you.
    Sorry if i hurt your feelings.
    The link wasn't there when i looked just before i posted.
    I would say they only got rid of the 'No download limit' BECAUSE it was complained about.
    And the link to the acceptable use policy is only there now BECAUSE it was complained about.
    Or are you just the type to sit back and be happy with errors and ommisions.

Some people may want to know about these things BEFORE they buy.

strangely enough i had no problems finding the AUP on the 22nd when i originally posted to this thread and then when I replied to daithisurfers comments last night. Something must have changed in between, i dont know,but I accept what yourself and BK are saying. Yes congragulations, it was people compalining about the website that got it changed(well maybe anyway) but you have just become so bitter about netsource at this stage(with probable justification), that you are just complaining for the sake of complaining at this stage. It brings nothing positive to the forum.

You should not read your email when you are on holidays in case it has disappeared when you come back :D

From the AUP

"Message Age - AAny email stored on NETSOURCE' servers for 60 days or more will be deleted. Any email that has been on NETSOURCE' servers for 14 days and has been read will be deleted."

and

"Mailbox size - Any mailbox over 5 Mbytes may, at the absolute discretion of NETSOURCE, be compressed and moved to temporary storage, or deleted. "

Hmmmm

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

Am I missing something, or hasn't Netsource essentially copied the Eircom speeds, caps, and prices, except contention is higher with Netsource in some cases. What's the point in going with Netsource?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Da Man
    Am I missing something, or hasn't Netsource essentially copied the Eircom speeds, caps, and prices, except contention is higher with Netsource in some cases. What's the point in going with Netsource?

In fact the contention ratios are the same, see THe IrelandOffLine Business DSL Comparison Table to compare them.

Gotcha. I'm pretty sure Eircom used to have 8:1 or 4:1 on the top product(s) but that has seemingly changed. I was thinking of moving to Netsource to get the "unlimited" cap, but can't see any reason to pay Eircom money to a reseller that offers exactly the same thing as Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Da Man
    What's the point in going with Netsource?
    Some people are prepared to pay the premium so that they're not tied in to a 12 month minimum contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I'm with netsource and was gonna move to iol but have decided to stay because I'm going to need the fixed ip address over the next while.

The two month contract is also kinda handy (although it is ineffect 3 months because they bill you per quarter).

Their cheaper offerings have a 12 month contract, mind you. But yeah, the two month rolling thing is good but isn't it actually three months up front plus two months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Well I signed up on 19th of feb. My invoice was 3months from 19th of feb. I think I could give notice now and just pay for next two months but the three month thing bit annoying for paying.

Advertisement