Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pancakes / Hotcakes / Flapjacks

• 23-03-2004 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Anyone ever been to IHOP - the American pancake house chain (International House Of Pancakes) ?

Well in my opinion they are the most delicious things on the planet !

Been there a few times now (in America obviously) and just can't get enough of them. So I've been trying for the last 3 years to replicate the same pancakes here at home in Dublin.

But it's no use. I've tried everything ... bought special frying pans and utensils ... tried as many different recipies as I can find. I even brought a box of "Bisquick" American style pancake mix back with me last time ... waste of time.

What's the problem ? Am I doing something wrong ? Could it be that the ingredients for the batter just taste differently in Ireland and it's an impossibility ?

If anyone knows how to make genuienly American tasting pancakes could you please tell me quick ... 'cause I don't know how much longer I can survive, and immigration to America for pancake purposes just won't wash with the INS !

Ta !

Comments

Advertisement