Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Access / VB Help needed

Options
  • 23-03-2004 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to muddle my way through some MS access work, and I'm stuck. I've stripped out the irrelevant parts of the following problem (there;s more detail on the report and in the query, but it isn't used for any operations)

I've got a main table containing a list of people, their groups, and their roles. I have a query which selects people who have role ID 1, formats their names properly, and has returns FullName and GroupID. I also have tables defining the Groups and the Roles.

I created a report which prints a list of names grouped by GroupID. The Header for each group displays the group name. I want it to display the group name and the people in charge of the group. The problem is that those people can have a roleID of either 2,3,4 or 10. However, all of those roles have Roles.Chair set to true.

Basically, I want to execute an SQL statement like this:
    [PHP]SELECT Participants.FirstName, Participants.Surname, Roles.Chair, Roles.RoleName
    FROM Roles INNER JOIN Participants ON Roles.ID = Participants.Role
    WHERE (((Participants.GroupID)=Me![GroupID]) AND (Roles.Chair)=True))
    ORDER BY Participants.Surname;[/PHP]
    And then walk through the results, and for each result, format a string as Firstname Surname(RoleName) for each responsible person.

However, I have no idea how to get VB or Access to do that. Can anyone help, or give me a link to somewhere that can. I've tried google and the access newsgroups, but to be honest, I don't even know what keywords I should be searching for.

Comments

Advertisement