Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most romantic restaurant in Dublin?

• 23-03-2004 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

I have a "date" tonight with a seriously hot Asian girl. She's very traditional, and I know she'd really appreciate me bringing her to a really romantic restaurant (in Dublin.)

I'm thinking "Da Pinos" on Parliamant Street in Temple Bar, but would anyone else have any suggestions?

Note that I want to steer clear of Chinese restaurants as she is Korean.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I've found Halo in The Morrison to be quite a romantic spot, with it's subdued lighting/sexy staff/dark wood/great food.
    'Tis not cheap though (but worth it, in my opinion).
    If you do decide to go with Halo, make sure you get a table upstairs (mezzanine).

P.S. This thread should really be in Food/Drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Try Il Baccaro – I’ve not been there in a while but the food was good and the ambience is conducive. Another, perhaps slightly sleazier, option is La Cave, although largely because it’s also a wine bar you can stay on after the meal and ply the little minx with booze. Indeed, you should regardless consider a post meal nightcap venue within five minutes striking distance of your chosen restaurant.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

how much do you intend to spend?

there are restaurant suggestions in the Food/Drink Forum, where I believe I'll move this to...

I was in La Mere Zou last week, french restaurant on stephens green, I think it's a lovely restaurant and the food is damn tasty, it came to 143 euro for two, this was for a three course meal, bottle of red and a couple of aperitifs
    mmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Thanks for the responses so far!

Money isn't really an issue. In the long run I know it's worth it.

She's very much into "modern" places (Sosume, AKA, AYA etc.) so that Morrisson idea sounds good.

La Cave?? Heheh, sweet Jesus! :D

PS Apologies for posting in the wrong forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I was in "The Lobster Pot" last week and it was just fantastic.
    Hadn't been there for a while but I was happy that it's standards hadn't dropped in the slighest. If you want to impress you couldn't go far wrong with it.

It's "old-style" really. You ring the doorbell of the restaurant to get in! The Maitre d' Restaurant brings out the fish they have on a tray so you can see each dish.
    They didn't have any lobster (too early in the season) but it didn't really matter.
    I was dying for the Steak Tartare but they only had it as a main course which would be too much but, the waiter did get the chef to make a small amount for me anyway and it was fantastic.
    We also had Mussels (melt in the mouth), prawns (oh my god...) and I had roast duck which was certainly the best i have ever tasted.

The staff were just fine, waiters dressed in dress suits and just the right amount of attention.

a bottle of 2000' Latour Chablis, 3 starters (we were hungry) two main courses and two deserts - 180 euro.

link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I tend to go for Millers on Baggot street in these situations. It's a gormet Pizza restuarant.

It's a very relaxed and comfortable athmosphere and the prices very reasonable.

Business Post Review

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DUX

I like the Indian Restaurant "Eastern Tandori" in South Williams street, I think it is romantic..... indian restaurants in general are romantic.

I think "Da Pino" is more suitable if you go there to enjoy the food rather than looking for a romantic spot.

Advertisement