Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan ?

Options
  • 23-03-2004 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

What to do? what to do?

Is there still a need for Cavan-Combat or should we move everything over to Battlefield Vietnam. I know I havent as much as looked at bf1942 or Desert Combat since vietnam was released.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I was thinking maybe cut CombatCavan back to 16 or 18 players and move it over to games1. Bump VietNavan then over to games2. It should problably run better on games2 then games1.

Or else setup two Vietnam servers, although I cannot see the need for two of them for another couple of weeks until everyone ... in the world ... has the game. CombatCaven still seems to be pretty full, if only with non BFV losers.

I havent touched BF1942/DC since I got BFV either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I love BFV but i will probably play both it and DC online in equal measures.
    Having said that I don't have BB so I don't play online as much as I'd like :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ah dont go killing Cavan DC yet.
    I still havent bought BF Vietnam and play DC most nights as its the only server I have a decent enough ping on at least until I get BB AND it was still full last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I gotta say the viet navan server runs sweet for me...I get no lag whatsoever on there..better than the official ea servers by a mile and its nice to see the same folk in it every night.

As with yourself winters I haven't even thought bout DC since BV..I am hooked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

After the initial hype of BF:V, 1 server will be more than enough really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Keep the DC server, but switch VietNavan to the better server.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Revo any hope of getting a 62 man vietnam server ? can you imagen that.....the battles would be god like and its not like IOL are poor (hint hint) :)

Maybe you should keep the dc server for a while (say 2-3 months) till more people make the change to vietnam then close cavan down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Heh, "Revo".

64 would be class. Doubtfull if we could fill it, but class none the less. Also it would be an awful strain on the server and my 56k modem.

depends on the specs of iols servers i guess .........and ya maybe your right im just thinking from a broadband user view point never though about isdn or 56kers :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

don't kill the cavan server its still a great game, and if we want to play something different it would be nice to have, but i would agree with putting nam on the better server

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

How about a public and private server.

Leave the slower one as the public server and the faster one as a private or at least Irish server. The server was overtaken by Germans today who were nothing but insulting.

The Fairy.

An insulting german ....IN AN WAR SERVER!!! never .

....did they get off to a good start but lose it towords the end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rev, keep the DC server up for 2 more months, and then abondon it.

Me, like a few others, just don't have the cash yet, but will get it as soon as possible.

Untill then (when I get BFV) I can play anywhere, but the 56K'ers can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cohiba

The Germans today were certainly annoying.... almost as annoying as Fairy's damn landmines!!! You nailed me a few times real good! I've only been playing on the server for the last two days, but I'd just like to say that (Germans apart) it's great fun, much better than the eauk servers that I've been playing bf on up to now, full of muppets.... Now that I'm addicted to bf Vietnam, i'll check out the Navan server a lot more... Great games yesterday and today, with, again, the Germans apart, actual team work going on! Makes all the difference....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ARKANGEL

yes guys,u are running a great server..i gotta say playing vietnam with u guys is great fun..keep it up..ltrs;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Some strange resion i was getting 700ping on the nav server last night with my isdn. I hope the ping will be under 100 tonight for me so i can join in on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

what type of ping is required for a nice non-laggy playable game?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Battlefield Requires a minimum constant 3.5kb/s download and about 2kb/s upload or there abouts to play.

Although for a nice non laggy play game you are best to be on a minimum of 128kbit/s or 256kbit/s. 56k can be jerky at times when loads starts happening around.

Advertisement