Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with Speakeasy Credit ....

Options
  • 23-03-2004 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭

Anybody else seen their o2 credit disappear quicker than usual lately ? ... I have .. after a night out on the town , I woke up on Sun and decided to check my balance ... I had 71c left .. I thought "Christ I can't remember txting / calling that much last night" .. shrugged my shoulders and thought "ah well"

later on I txt'd 2 mates about the match ... 2 txt's , 2 X 11c = 22c ..... 71c - 22c = 49c right ? ... wrong , I checked my balance (call it instinctive ...) and it was down to 27c ... so I sent one more txt and rechecked the balance ... it was now 5c .. which means I was being charged double for my txt messages.

I emailed O2 Customer Care last on Mon 15th and gave them the above examples .... , they acknoledged my email and to date have still not supplied me with an answer ..

..... anybody else having this problem with their Speakeasy ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

not that i'm aware of, though O2 do sometimes double-charge for texts, i havent noticed it in a while though.
    Check the "my account" section of O2.ie and see what it says?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I had a similar problem a while ago. I thought I was getting charged for delivery reports. Never did find out what happened. Was working grand the next day.

Just a side note. You might want to watch when your txt bundle runs out though. Esp when you are txting intl. Can quickly cost you a fortune without you realising.

Actually does anyone know when O2 will fix the damn roaming problem when in the North/Border area? Or are they just making too much money??

ambrose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i thought they had fixed the problem with making calls to from the north and that it was vodafone who hadn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Are you sure yuo're not sending compund texts? they cost double you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

O2 --> O2 = 11c
    O2 -- > Vodefone/Meteor = 13c
    O2 --> Spain = 25c

They upped their prices without telling us. It used to 11c to everywhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

You can check how many calls/texts and related costs you made on the o2 website. Click "My account" and then "View my call details".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Is there a surcharge for top up credit on O2?

I have Vodafone and buy my credit from Xtravision and Vodafone stores as surcharges I find to be disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Nah they haven't really fixed the North/border problem. Instead they've decided to charge you for it! Though I tnk comReg are meant to be doing something about this in about 2020!

As for surcharges. I know the shop(s) are only trying to make money, but I still refuse to by credit where they're are surcharges.

Why not Top-up online (AIB/BOI). 10% extra free....i tnk they're still doing this!

ambrose ;)

Advertisement