Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archery Moderators

Options
  • 23-03-2004 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Just a wee word on what's goin on on the sports/archery forum.
    The moderators seem to have a bit of a power trip going on, what with banning people for ahving a bit of fun.

I should also add here that some of the members who are being threatened are some of the most skilled and respected young archers in the country, while the moderator whose identity i actually know wouldnt be all that good (no personal offense) or well known in the community.

Archery is a sport, and as such should be fun, and people should be able to voice their opinions and feelings regardless of how off-the-wall they seem.

Madrab attempted to make people aware of this in a thgread called "new Charter", but the thread was closed by OscarBravo before we got much of a chance to respond.

I think the moderators should be moderated themselves, in a manner of sapeaking, and i'm sure you will find that there are others out there who will agree with me on this.

thank you

-baggins
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

I think im banned from archery because of it. Yeah it was blatant spam....eg spam sounds like ham.... come on ...... i've prob had too much coffee to drink could be why my legs wont stop twitching.....hmmmmm

more or less i was bored. Still am .....but im not not trolling now, it was harmless...wasnt directed at anyone .... there was even a few jokes ..... wrong board i know...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

shut up you muppet(s)

Chill Winston.......i never asked to be un-banned . . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mr potato head

well TUTS you got booted out cause some members of the archery community can be a little less mad/fun (dry), me i,m all on for a bit of anarcy..... yes madrab that goes 4 u too! there are one or two college goers like us who like the idea of having a place to have a laugh, and not b 2 serious.... like we are ever serious (you know who we are...)
    Sport is fun, why shouldn't posts be.
    Oh yea and most of us know what that supposed spam means its a little joke among a few of the archers from the weekend (and not just one college from at least 4)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭baggins

first of all, up until certain people started spamming randomly, the forum was being used to discuss the way the moderators were handling it. leaving out the ridiculous muhahaha thread, which was grand up to a point as well, the rest was all relative, and wasnt handled very well by oscarbravo.

lets face it tuts, u were just being childish, and i'm not too sure what the other people i've never seen on archey before were doing there either.

This post was actually for people who know what they are talkin about.. not u.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I suggest you form a band of merry men and take on the evil moderators in their castle stronghold. Or alternatively you could stfu.

Well, as you can guess from the thread, our band of men is none too happy right now, but just point the way to the stronghold and away we shall march

go north, when you hit BM tec draw arms and charge

• Advertisement

1) I have never used a bow and arrow
    2) Im not in College/ work full time
    3) Do not want to be un-banned
    4) Already said i was spamming
    5) Haven't got a prob with the mod/ or any mod
    6) I dont have any issues with the current Dictatorship of Boards
    7) Im going to buy an ice-cream now
    8) Prob a choc ice
    9) Its really sunny where i am
    10) Alright?

No it's not alright... i want a choc ice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

great_idea.jpg

Wow, the archery forum, hot-bed of fight-the-powerism. Boards really is getting big.

we're not all that into kicking people off for voicing opinions, all this started cause about 6 of us were having a laugh about something from the weekends competition... ah well.
    we'll just keep adding fuel to the fire.

Madrab for president!

no way r ur eyes that colour!!!! and ur scruffier and more unwashed lookin, ya smelly bling. I say we man the siege weapons and head for BM tech this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by baggins
    I should also add here that some of the members who are being threatened are some of the most skilled and respected young archers in the country, while the moderator whose identity i actually know wouldnt be all that good (no personal offense) or well known in the community.
    I haven't read the thread (deliberately) before posting this. The mod's archery ability doesn't matter a damn, only their moderating does. The posters' archery ability doesn't matter a damn, only their posting does. The reverse applies when they've got a bow in the hands, this applies when they've got a keyboard at their fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

And now having read the thread you referenced about the new charter, you're honestly touting a guy who said penis a lot as starting a discussion on the rules?

you would have to understand the reference to the cartoon in this instance and the comparison between a certain character and one of our moderators....

also, half the population of this planet have penises, so it shouldnt be taken as a bad thing surely....

the point i'm makin in the first place is that the majority of what we said was relevant to archery or to the moderation of the archery forum, therefore the warnings imposed on madrab and mhairesa were purely anti-humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

I think Madrb and Mhairesa are being victimised out of jealousy. Is it really a coincidence that they are leading in their respective categories?

I think not.
    Can we have some sanity from the moderators please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

well considering i started this barrel roll i should explain my point my spamming was just a way to get a few laughs as the archery board was becoming stuffy, we had a good competition in galway over the weekend, therefore a few jokes to lighten things up

if you look at the board i dont think i am the only one who thinks that there might be a few issues to be resolved

ps i want a choc-ice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

any chance of an intervarsity archery board or a recurve archery board or even a pointless, mindless, archery kinda related board???

me for god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Is one board not enough ?
    Use the archery board right and there shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    Pointless and mindless threads are usualy suited to After Hours or Humour

not doing yourself many favours .... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Keep it on one thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

One board is enough, if the moderator of the archery board wasnt in to Hitler style Censorship....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

As far as I know the only mod you know there is me.

All this crap was only brought to my attention tonight after it had been moderated.

In all fairness if you were making some nice fun about me and some whatever the hell you were at then I take offence.

I do not know you nor do I want to. So do not start to make fun of me. Stick to people you know and who'll tolerate it from you.

Jokes are one thing and can be tolerated amongst friends. Making fun of someone you don't know, me, or ANYBODY else will be deemed as a personal attack.

This will NOT be tolerated.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Why on earth was I even dragged into this in the first place?

Blame squarely put on me even though I've barely looked at the site in weeks? Let alone modded anything.

And if you want to know why I am a moderator it's because the archery forum would not be here otherwise.

Interested in archery, heavy lotrish names....OMG ELVES ARE TAKING OVER BOARDS.IE! TO GANDRAMDEL AT ONCE! GATHER WHAT REMAINS OF THE HUMAN FORCES AND etc. etc. see the special uncut directors edition for more..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Will all the removed badger scenes in this one be restored?

Advertisement