Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American PS1

Options
  • 23-03-2004 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

I have an american PS1 - any collectors out there want it? someone left it behind in my house ages ago and they dont want it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Is it a PSX or a PSone?

If it is a PSX, and it has controller/cables etc., I can offer €15.

Mind you, this should be over in the Classifieds section somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

This is a PSX. It's worth a lot more than €15. I presume by 'PSX' you mean the original PlayStation. The original PlayStation was not called PSX. It was a development title that was dropped long before the machine even went on sale. Every moron under the sun calls the original PlayStation a PSX for some reason. It's one of my pet console peeves.

Play.
    Station.

PlayStation.

Not PSX.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

does "PS" peeve you also, or is that an acceptable abbreviation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by Sico
    This is a PSX. It's worth a lot more than €15. I presume by 'PSX' you mean the original PlayStation. The original PlayStation was not called PSX. It was a development title that was dropped long before the machine even went on sale. Every moron under the sun calls the original PlayStation a PSX for some reason. It's one of my pet console peeves.

The abbreviation for the original Playstation was PSX, I do not (in my everyday life) call a Playstation a "PSX". By the time the redesigned Playstation was released, PSone/PS1 became more standard.

Oh and I have to thank you on being so informative on this newly designed Playstation, it completely crossed my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

well what ever the F-ck it's called, All i know is its the american one, and I dont want it, seems to have leads and a controller, but I'll give the controller to one of my many nephews.
    Its not in classifieds because there is no section for "Unwanted" or "take away for free" so i decided to post it on the Games section of this community web site where some strange animal who collects the things might be lurking.
    It's available for pick up in Dublin - and I doubt its that old as it has the newer controller (think it mentions same on the box).

So first to global post will get it, cant give it to SVP as some little poor lad will think he has a PSone or a PSX or what ever

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

ok so you can have it, I'll respond to your PM--

so i guess this is closed

regards to all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Next time use the For Sale board. If you want to give it away then put a price of zero in.

Also sometimes when I see the abreviation PS2 as a very old type of IBM computer.

yeah I had a PS2 486Dx long time ago, difficult to get a PSU for em when they break,

and next time I wont use the for sale formum, there wont be a next time, I was not selling anything anyway. I'll just dump the next usefull to someone else thing I find.

I placed a simple add in the general games section- I've discussed where to collect these things here before,
    I stated that it was an american PS1 ( this was a correct statement), everyone was more concerned with it's name and where the post should be. I thought this was ment to be a community based site? anyway I'll prob be banned or referred to the "like it or lump it rules" etc
    but who gives two swings really, it's like battle of the facts or something in here.

Advertisement