Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long

Options
  • 23-03-2004 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭

there is this dog that just arrived at my house the other day, so i fed him/her (think its a her) and she is coming back everyday, well she not coming back because she never left, she's sleeping in me garden and sneaking into the porch sometimes. she is a lovely dog but with little kids around my house ( nieces and nephews not michael jackson) my mother is kinda worried so she rang the pound,
    i was wandering how long does the pound keep the dogs before putting them down, because if nobody goes for this dog ill get her out because im after getting fairly attached to her.:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭solaris

It depends on the pound and how many dogs they have in. I wouldn't count on them keeping her more than a week. Probably best to take her back now. If you can't keep her there are shelters with policies not to put down healthy dogs. See http://www.irishanimals.ie/dogs/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

About a week is what I've heard aswell. If you're prepared to take the doggy in, it's probably better to do so right away instead of putting her in the pound.

How is she with children so far? What kind of dog is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Will the pound take away Cats?

What is the solution to a couple of local cats that don't seem to want to own any humans. (this is major difference to dog, the cat owns *YOU* if interested.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

some cats may already own some humans and not want anyone else! My cat's a bit like that.She doesn't like strangers at all,tho she likes an old lady neighbour of mine! She's been like that since the day she was born and she's 10 now!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

These ones sleep in our barn if we leave it open and will spend much of the day (when not eating wild birds visiting us) staring through the wire at the Guinea Pigs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

the kids all love her. not to sure what kind of dog she is. my neighbour got the warden up but he cant catch her i think she must of been hurt because when you go to rub her she legs it, then comes back. poor thing. she is inj heat now so maybe thats why she's roaming around. 8ill keep you posted on what happens to her.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 liz51

Hey seany just wondering what happened the dog??

same kinda thing happened a friend, sorry i know its an old thread... :)

Advertisement