Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD 1.3 Patch

Options
  • 23-03-2004 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Get it here

Fixes, new maps and some other stuff. 25mb or so.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Finally:D
    Just downloaded it. Bit annoyed PB was not included but I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now. It better be out soon tho.
    Any1 had any problems with the patch so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

25mb... 1 hour plus.... I wish I could afford BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

I've had a read through the fixes but I couldn't find anything to do with the sniper scope problem. I think it's only on 56k modems, but anyone who has one, has it fixed the issue where the sniper scope shakes horrible when you put it on? Now I'm pretty sure that it's a bug..unless - is it supposed to add to the "realism" of it? Which in that case I'm horribly wrong..but still. Downloading it now..only an hour left yay!

The sniper shudder is gone. I was playing on a German server (didn't have a good selection) and my ping was 200+ all the time and the sniper is good again....but I've got used to it being bad.... :(

The 2 new maps are OK. I didn't play neuville much, but the other one is very vast, lots of fields and hedges.

BK - when are 1st IB updating to 1.3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

A lot of ppl are having problems with this patch. Install it at your own risk. People are gettin windows errors when trying to go into multiplayer and reinstalling the game only works in some cases. Also look here for some weird findings. This patch is of a very low standard imho and a fix should be brought out asap.

• Advertisement

they've not made very good patches have they? :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Ahhhhh!! It appears I've contracted that horrible horribly-inaccurate-aiming down sights bug! Just tested it out there after reading about it on a few forums. And goddamn IW better fix this fast! I don't usually use the ADS firing (except with the rifles, with which I always use it..god help the world if thats buggered aswell) but it is handy a lot of the time. You'd think it be farely um...whats the word..oh yes IMPOSSIBLE to miss something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Im used to the sniper and i think it adds a skill dimension to it and realism. Now you dont get every fecking **** player taking the sniper on you (pain with the prm mod as only limited weps). Makes it harder to use and therefore more skillful :p

The 1st-ib server should be 1.3 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Originally posted by crowl
    A lot of ppl are having problems with this patch. Install it at your own risk. People are gettin windows errors when trying to go into multiplayer and reinstalling the game only works in some cases. Also look here for some weird findings. This patch is of a very low standard imho and a fix should be brought out asap.

Pffft, stealing my link and taking the credit. :P
    Good thing about that down the sights problem is its only a problem on linux servers, so there should be a server patch for linux out pretty soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Dunno how the 1.3 patch is for snipers, only been playing it on the non-sniper whore maps.

Hey 1st Batallion, could you put the new maps on the server rotation ?

Oh and I think there MIGHT be a 1.4 on the way; check out this possibly fake shot from planetcallofduty.com. It lists a new map, stalingrad, and punkbuster.
    (apologies for the size)
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~montoya/temp/codpatch14rumor_1.jpg

• Advertisement

yer the new maps will probably be in the roation once we check em out and make sure they aint crap and all :)

The new maps are good, bocage is similar to brecourt and neuville is dawnville/carentan.

Originally posted by n1ck
    The new maps are good, bocage is similar to brecourt and neuville is dawnville/carentan.

They'll take a bit of getting used to - bocage is very vast with lots of bushes to hide in. neuville is also big - seemed to be getting attacked from all angles in it.

Servers now 1.3 and bocage S&D and neuville HQ is in rotation :)

I would have done it neuville s&d and bocage hq but then again its your server. And tbh bocage is a poor map, its far to fast and all the bushes just make it so laggy on even a fairly decent pc.

apparently neuville is S&D too and i have absolutely no problems with bocage and im far from a super computer.

Advertisement