Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Server setting

Options
  • 23-03-2004 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Folks,

There is something that annoys me when myself and a few people get together and its this.

Say you're sniping from behind a little bush and its going to be half an hour and 30 kills later that anyone figures out where the hell you are. Well when you lkill them the camera automatically shows them where you are when they are dead.

So even if you're in the best possible hiding spot as soon as you kill somone your spotted because the stupid camera pans around when they are dead and points right at you.

Anyway, it doesn't happen on the online server that i play on, so there must be a seeting you can change. Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Simple, I think the option only exists in dedicated servers as an option but there should be a consonole command you can use to turn it off on a local server. All you need to do is turn the "Death Camera" off.

Im trying to find the console command but cant remember it. Might be something like admin.enabledeathcam 0/1 or admin.deathcam 0/1 or admin.allowdeathcam 0/1. Google or take a look through the dedicated server readme to see the full like of console commands. Should be in theresomewhere.

Remember, its only a server setting so it only works if the server has it enabled/disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Camping bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Originally posted by Winters
    Simple, I think the option only exists in dedicated servers as an option but there should be a consonole command you can use to turn it off on a local server. All you need to do is turn the "Death Camera" off.

Im trying to find the console command but cant remember it. Might be something like admin.enabledeathcam 0/1 or admin.deathcam 0/1 or admin.allowdeathcam 0/1. Google or take a look through the dedicated server readme to see the full like of console commands. Should be in theresomewhere.

Remember, its only a server setting so it only works if the server has it enabled/disabled.

This is stored in a .con file?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

bf1942/mods/bf1942/settings/serversettings.con

Advertisement