Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The smoking ban is wrecking me buzz!

• 23-03-2004 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else gotten spammed with this?

Received: from 209.98.201.65 (EHLO combinedmedia.ie) (209.98.201.65) by mta263.mail.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 23 Mar 2004 06:54:39 -0800
    Received: from layla [83.70.32.229] by combinedmedia.ie with ESMTP (SMTPD32-8.03) id AFA839100FC; Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:54:32 -0600
    Message-ID: <184590-220043223134958447@layla>

Besides annoying me with the spam, I'm pro-ban, and worse, were I anti-ban then being associated with a movement called "Wrecking Me Buzz" would disgust me. Just plain sad.

I'd like to know where they got my address too.

Al.

Edit: "@ to AT ".

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

I haven't seen that before but it does seem like a great way to annoy lots of people in a cost-effective manner.

Perhaps it's an elaborate ruse by the pro-ban people ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Well its yahoo mail i take it..

maybe they brute forced the servers with random database looking for valid ones..

prob. a sign up somewhere that handed over your address!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by theciscokid
    prob. a sign up somewhere that handed over your address!
    The site's been mentioned over on AH. There appears to be a "send this ****e to your mates" link on the site.

Chances are the thing will get enough Duke of Wellington and Micheal Martin signups anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I got this too, on a very secret e-mail address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

sounds like a job for scooby doo!

• Advertisement
Advertisement