Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is what Im attempting possible?

• 23-03-2004 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I want to create a wireless network at home with the main funtion being wireless broadband.

I've looked at several routers\modems\wireless all in one solutions but cant find one that does not require a gateway PC, I do not want a PC attached, I have one laptop and want a wireless connection for it.

Can I do it?

Anybody done this?

Thx

Redzer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Get yourself a DSL/Cable Gateway/Router. My brother has one at home for two laptops, and it works perfectly.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=120287&cks=PRL

They've gotten really popular, so prices have plummetted in the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

I know answering my own question, and thanks for the info, but Ive already got hold of a all in one box, turns out the problem may be with the VCI and VPI numbers

Naybody know these for clicksilver?

Thx

Red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭tea

VPI: 8 and VCI: 35 for Clicksilver

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

All done and dusted,

Most of the problems I was having yesterday was due to clicksilver being down, b****rds!!

Thanks for the help

Wireless the way foward!!:D

Advertisement