Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL broadband plus

• 23-03-2004 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

As an existing iol broadband user I see we are automatically switched to broadband plus with the 16GB cap. It would have been nice to be notified that this is the case. Has anyone successfully downgraded? I'm still in two minds.

Will they point out that people on broadband plus are entitled to a FREE dual USB/Ethernet modem: which will be owned by you once you sign up to the service and stay for the minimum term agreed. OK it might be argued that we signed up before that, but if I stay for a subsequent 12 months I'd like the option of getting it.

Has anybody got any notification about the option to switch packages? I have to say the service seems to be running slower now that I'm supposedly on the 24:1 contention ratio. I don't have much faith in them switching me over with their past history. Maybe somebody else has noticed a change (I know that it's doubtful that we were hitting 48:1 before the switch, but still).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

To be fair now, i got a letter in the mail this morning informing me of the new package deal and that i was automatically switched over.

The letter was quite detailed, you can still downgraded if you want, upto 12th April.

The letter states that after 12 months the modem is the property to the customer.

Originally posted by Sarn
    I have to say the service seems to be running slower now that I'm supposedly on the 24:1 contention ratio. I don't have much faith in them switching me over with their past history. Maybe somebody else has noticed a change (I know that it's doubtful that we were hitting 48:1 before the switch, but still).

I agree with all this, i also feel like things have slowed down. Nor do i have faith we're on 24:1 ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

I was on the 49 package from the start and paid for my modem, does that mean that now iam on bb plus i can get another modem with an ethernet connection but for free ?

It's my understanding that if you have the Zyzel 630 you should call Esat sales.
    Ask that you would like to upgrade your modem and send back the 630...BUT, in order for this to work you MUST have all the original packaging.

Filters, box, bags, cdr, everything you got must be sent back...they'll send you the 623R-T1.

That's what i did, they replaced it for free and upgraded me for free.

• Advertisement

I asked for a supervisor.

Advertisement