Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Milan play boring football?

• 23-03-2004 10:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

I think tonight has dispelled this myth.
    And for anyone who still trys to say they play boring football, pull your head out!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Seaneh
    I think tonight has dispelled this myth.
    And for anyone who still trys to say they play boring football, pull your head out!

Who said they did??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Milan were magnificent tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Originally posted by irish1
    Who said they did??

Go my read "grestest team" or whatever thread, a couple of people said it in there.

So, Milan to rule the world for the next 10 years?
    I think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

3 people: AngelofFire, MisterAnarchy and Big Ears.

Hardly worth starting a thread to go against what 3 people said:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

It just bothered me at the time tbh.
    And I wanted to gloat about how amazingly talented Kaka and co are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Anyway, apart from what people said or didn't say, that was a flipping great game of football. The sad thing is, if Man U had gone through against Porto thats the game that would have been shown by UTV and TV3 (note: not a dig at Man U!!!).

Milan were quite simply superb, apart from that useless lump Inzaghi (no matter how many times I've seen him play for club and country he's been crap. The Italian Andy Cole methinks). Maldini was a rock at the back, Seedorf and Pirlo were the business in midfield, and Kaka was solid gold.

I see that prat of a linesman who disallowed Scholes goal against Porto was at it again tonight. At least 5 offsides given which were nothing of the sort (ok, tight calls, but he was far too flag happy as a rule). It looked like anything even close to marginal and he was giving the decision in favour of the defence...surely not the way the governing bodies expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well without a doubt they are the favourites for the Champions League.

They absolutely destroyed Deportivo at the beginning of the 2nd half !!!

I cannot see any other team beating them on their day (even my beloved Arsenal!).

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw about 15 mins of the game and 3 goals all wonderfully taken, with some great build up play. Actually I saw 4 but one was disallowed, the linesman on the nearside needed to be a bit quicker! Inzaghi is a
    pro at peeling off the last man with a diagonal run.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

that linesman was a joke in the second half
    Inzaghi, and then every tomasson opportunity. FFS. get a video linesman or somehting. this is disgraceful.

side note: once again an Italian defence fell asleep to Pandiani. does he have chloroform or soemthing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Class team and class goals. Especially the free-kick and Kaka's first.

In saying that, Deportivo, and Pandiani in particular, had chances to get another couple of valuable away goals. Even 4-2 might have proved tricky for AC when they go to the Riazor.

Milan are a very good side, that play some great football, but I still don't want them to win the CL. Purely because I don't like the same team winning it twice in a row. So come on Chelsea or the Gooners!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Brilliant performance from Milan and they could have had a lot more too (especially if the linesman didn't put the flag up every time a Milan player beat the offside trap!).

They'll be the team to beat and although Deportivo had their chances we all know Milan's defence is solid and they look great going forward so I reckon they'll retain it, and fair play to them too because they've recovered from their blip in recent years after dominating the 90s. I think if they do win it this year it'll feel more real as a lot of people said they were lucky last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Deportivo should turn them over at home ;) Now if you excuse me I must return to my mothership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Maldini is just so damm valuable to a team, I hope Keane drops back to defence and does what he does, he is just so incredibly valuable.

But besides that, does anyone think that Milan just turned off after the 4th goal, or before they were scored againist.
    They don't seem to want to win the second they go out.

Its like they are an Italian team torn between playing Italian style and attacking.
    Its funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Watching Milan tonight, it reminded me of their performance in destroying Barcelona in the 1994 final. I've supported them for about 15 years so it was great to see them put in such a brilliant display of clinical attacking football. With Nesta back for the away leg, they will waltz into the final (after ploughing through Porto of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by gandalf
    Well without a doubt they are the favourites for the Champions League.

They absolutely destroyed Deportivo at the beginning of the 2nd half !!!

I cannot see any other team beating them on their day (even my beloved Arsenal!).

Gandalf.
    They won't beat oul' Porto!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I was in shock when they conceded one, and the missed chances up until the equaliser... I was afraid it was gonna be one of those days.

But 'wan Kaka you bloody beaut :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Fantastic display last Night. Rock solid defence for most of the game except for the Goal when they went asleep, solid midfield and up front Kaka in particular for his first goal was different class. On this display they are certainly the team to beat to win the CL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DUX

Please stop congratulating this f****** team......I feel like dying today :(
    God, I don't care who wins the CL this year, but please not them!!

Signed by a keen Juve's supporter :mad: :mad: Poor me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Absolutely. Just because you don't like the team we should ignore an excellent performance by the team which is surely favourite to win the CL now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Inzaghi's a tricky fella it has to be said when it comes to playing the percentages on offsides. It seems to me every match he plays in for either Milan or Italy his team gets caught offside at least 10 times but it's all a deliberate ploy to cause unrest amongst the opposition defence as and as last night proved , it usually works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Inzaghi is vital for Milan, he opens space for Shev + Kaka, he is indeed a master at the off the shoulder attacker. Although he was slightly poor last night, but never gives up.

Good spell of 20 minutes from Milan, PandyAndy should have at least a brace from his chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Scammo

Everyone knew that Milan always had a great defence but now the have Kaka and he has added more firepower and flair that was missing at times during the semi-finals and the final itself

If Milan were to win it this year it would be a great achievement because if they get through they will be more than likely be playin Madrid/Arsenal and they're not the worst of teams!

Advertisement