Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is IOL Broadband like?

• 23-03-2004 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of going for the IOL BB Plus package. Can anyone tell me what it is like. I am mostly interested in the download speeds. In general, what kind of speeds do you get? I mean, is it mostly around the 50KB/s mark, or 30KB/s, or what? I am just trying to get a general idea of how the service performs. I don't mind if the speeds drop occationaly but the last thing I want to do is pay broadband prices for dial-up download speeds 90% of the time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Michelangelo

I constantly get around 55 - 60kbps on good fast servers. On kazaa it varies from 1kbps to 62kbps. It all depends who you are downloading from. On bit torrent, i frequently get 45+kbps. Again, see point for kazaa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I must admit with IOL BB Ive never had a download less than 30kBps they have always been 45 -55.

The downtime can be annoying.. but it isn't allll the time,.. maybe once a week at worst.

Don't get UTV. Don't get Eircom.

X

Advertisement