Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

make love not war

• 23-03-2004 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Well since theres been a fair bit of moaning from myself and others and all about various stuff i decided it would be a good idea to have a bit of a debate on an aspect of the wwe that i think has always been of a high standard

so the question is, what do you think was the best opening video package or pre match promo package done by wwe in say the last 10 years????

i'm going to go for the promo just before the bret hart vs hbk ss97 title match in montreal....it was excellently done, and highlighted the personal nature of the fued

hbk "i do this because i like it, you do it because in your mind..MARKED MAN....you really think all of this is YOURS"

excellent stuff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

That was brilliant, i remember that.
    Mine is Jerry Lawler on RAW when Bret Hart was in a match, it was just before Summerslam 93 and Lawler is running down Stu Hart, with the infamous quote that is now immortalised in my signature :)

The crowd ate it up and Lawler was booed outta the building. The only tragic part of the Hart Lawler angle is the fact that they stiffed each other so much during their matches, Hart was stiffed so badly when he got the sectre shot in the back. Hart retaliated two months later at Summerslam by stiffing the sh|t back out of Lawler with the crutches.

They've forgiven each other since,
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Wrestle mania 17. Brilliant...

Just another thing to note and give an example of how perfect that PPV was. I just love that PPV so much...

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Xero

i started this thread at the start of the week and only 2 people have bothered to reply

i guess it goes to prove what i was saying before about people moaning, most people would rather moan about stuff in the wwe instead of praise the one consistanly good aspect of the program

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I wouldn't say that I think most people just follow the wrestling more so than the videos and promos. I'll admit they're great etc and I enjoy them, but matches/events tend to stick in the mind a lot more than the videos/promos and I'm sure that goes for a lot of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Xero
    i started this thread at the start of the week and only 2 people have bothered to reply

i guess it goes to prove what i was saying before about people moaning, most people would rather moan about stuff in the wwe instead of praise the one consistanly good aspect of the program

im sorry but i dont see why you continue with this sort of post.u need to lighten up, just because people didnt post on your thread, no need to cry about it. i for one read your thread, nothing stood out, so i didnt post.

have u read any of the posts from this week? most of them were in relation to who we would like as a new mod. lots of light hearted banter and i dont remember a moany/HHH bashing post in sight.

• Advertisement

I'm with Paddy on this one, granted the posts about a new mod seem to have fallen of deaf ears, we all still had a great time while taking part in it.

Not everyone gets their threads answered, i've started many threads that have bombed. It's a forum, it'll happen! :)

Better luck next time,
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Not necessarily build up to a match, but I love the video that played at Survivor Series 2001 when it looked like the WWF might end recapping the history of the WWF [music was 'Lonely Road of Faith' by Kid Rock] and the original Desire video with 'My Sacrifice' by Creed. All of the desire videos were class.

I was watching the history of the WWF clip on my computer yesterday, and it actually brings out real emotion in me. The memories weren't just WWF memories, they were mine also. It just makes me realise that the WWF has been a part of my life for years, and long may it continue.

I generally always like the work of the production team who create the video packages. In the cases of bad feuds, they can really make them look cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by Exit
    Not necessarily build up to a match, but I love the video that played at Survivor Series 2001 when it looked like the WWF might end recapping the history of the WWF [music was 'Lonely Road of Faith' by Kid Rock] and the original Desire video with 'My Sacrifice' by Creed. All of the desire videos were class.

Couldn't agree more with that ^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Gotta agree with the man above they were excellent as was WMXX. Also liked the Rock -VS- Hulk Hogan part 1 promos just seeing how the fans have changed, and how wrestling changed. Very joyful to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Rock and Hogan buildup perfect for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

actually rock and hogan was outstanding when i think back on it.

xero you might have got more replies if it had've been a poll. Put some memories in peoples heads.

I was gonna stick that on video cd format and upload it, but it goes on for over ten minutes. So it'd be a pain to upload and download (for those on dialup anyway), as it's on the WMX8 DVD.

Nero

Advertisement