Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Forum request?

Options
  • 24-03-2004 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I presume this is the place to post such a thing.

Basically a few members of the soccer board have been posting lately on the Eircom league. The post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147764&perpage=20&pagenumber=3 is three pages long and is the longest thread on the league in a good while. We were thinking would it be possible to set up an eircom league forum to get more people talking about it? I know it comes under soccer but the majority of posters on the board are Premiership supporters who show nothing but disrespect to the Eircom League.

Have a think about it anyway please and get back to me,
    Thank you
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I reckon this would be a good idea as the soccer board does get swamped with Premiership league threads and may be detracting attention from the eircom league stuff. I'd say there is a demand for it so uhm Thumbs up Ya'll!!! #

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Gets my thumbs up. I can't see how it would harm anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

How about a forum for EPL, SPL, champions league, uefa cup, FA cup, carling cup, la liga as there's more posts about them than the eircom league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by SheroN
    How about a forum for EPL, SPL, champions league, uefa cup, FA cup, carling cup, la liga as there's more posts about them than the eircom league.

What he said.

Half the threads about the Eircom league are 'true Irishmen' proclaiming everyone else in the Soccer forum is a subhumanoid West Brit for daring not to watch the Eircom league :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    What he said.

Half the threads about the Eircom league are 'true Irishmen' proclaiming everyone else in the Soccer forum is a subhumanoid West Brit for daring not to watch the Eircom league :rolleyes:

ah i see parinoid loonies are out in force this afternoon
    its great to put words into people mouth's isnt it :rolleyes:

there was a thread only last weekend that went 3-4 pages and it was all about the EL and not premiership bashing at all if you cared to look at it

i dont care who you follow, will never knock anybody for supporting an irish or english team. It is a free county after all
    and you should do the same

gets my thumbs up but there is a forum out there http://www.foot.ie
    that does that already (mostly cork city fans on it lol :) )

however it could always be a community forum or something and id do my best to help out and stuff (post fixtures match reports etc!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by SheroN

I have very little interest in the Eircom League because I know very little about it and maybe If it had its own forum people like myself that follow foreign clubs would take more interest in our national league. These other competitions are well catered for in the existing forum but threads about the eircom league there usually end up in "debate" about the quality of it rather than issues that would interest its followers .

Thats my 2 cent worth . I support the idea and would be interested to read more of the Eircom league but I would also understand if the mods were not keen on having a second soccer forum to control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

there was a thread only last weekend that went 3-4 pages and it was all about the EL and not premiership bashing at all if you cared to look at it

I did look at it.
    i dont care who you follow, will never knock anybody for supporting an irish or english team. It is a free county after all
    and you should do the same

I'm not knocking anyone who supports any team, merely what usually happens: board going along as usual, anyone who wants can post a thread about the Eircom league if they like, instead you get stuff like Rant About Irish Fans of English Soccer and geniuses like BJJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    What he said.

All the more reason to get them off the Soccer board, and onto an Eircom League board!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I don't think theres much need for a board for all the seperate leagues mentioned above as most people who support Premiership teams also support the likes of Celtic and Spanish clubs too (or follow them anyway) so its no prob to mix it in. Would be nice to talk to people about the national sport though and the soccer board does give an air of it shouldn't be here about it. Not that I'm complaining about the soccer board, I enjoy reading it and frequently reply/start topics in it.

So who makes the decision on these things as regards my initial question?

Advertisement