Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Stocks??

Options
  • 24-03-2004 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

How/Where do I buy stocks and shares online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Goodbody.ie is an onlione trader based in Dublin, there quite good but their fees are a bit steep if you buy & sell alot.

Thanks joePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 badass

With financial spreading betting, you would get fast, tax & commission free return. You also can earn in a bear market, and there is no ceiling for what do can earn. Because you simply "betting" on the movement of indexes, and currencies from all over the world. sound good, huh?

Have said the benefits in comparison with stock, what's the catch? there's more risk, but that's also limited, as you can start low from just 1 euro+ the initial margin which is no more than 250 for most options you have there.

You probably never heard of it, it is just because in Ireland the service just starting rolling out, and 90% of its market in the world is in UK.

As you probably have already guessed, I work for one of the Irish spread betting companies. You can contact me anytime for any queries. ww) www.pan-index.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

read the faq's at www.askaboutmoney.com - similar to boards.ie but focuses on financial topics !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Humphrey

Hi Badass,

I think you should give the average boards user more credit of course we have heard of Spread Betting.

Any chance of you posting daily tips for us boards users interested in Spread betting.

Humphrey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 badass

Pan-index offers a 15% bonus, which is up to 1000 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Hiya Badass,

I really do not think those are competitive rates for Daily Bets, that and the market is only open from 14.30, today 15.30, www.tradindex.com offer you an IMR of £10 and they take bets from 9.15-22.00. (Dow Jones)

I was considering an Irish site myself, as it is not too handy when a site goes belly up and you have to ring the UK to make/stop a bet. But pricing it seems over here in Ireland is still quite expensive in comparison to UK companies.

All the same, wish you the best success with your site.

Any chance of you posting daily tips for us boards users interested in Spread betting.

Watch the Dowjones(I on bet on the DJI only) and Use Scalping, if you are patient and willing to keep an eye on the market all day, wait, wait and wait, until it is clear which way she is going, you can easily tuck away 20-60 points in the bag, don't get greedy though, thats your worst enemy.

thats all i got time for, right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

This Friday the US are releasing their latest Jobs Data Report at 8:30 A.M. (EST) Consisting of how many jobs were created etc over the past month. This will heavily influence the Dow Jones on Friday. If the results of those figures are Positive, the DJI will make decent rally, if not, it will take a dive and if this dive is bad enough (very bad results) there could well be another correction to be seen on the DJI.

This is the pattern the DJI follows when there are data reports released, quite simply up or down, the trick is catching it at the right moment and leaving it again at the right time.

I wouldn't advise putting any money down between now and then.

Advertisement