Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have Netsource 2Mbps DSL?

• 24-03-2004 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

I have pasted the specs below. Cost is 159.00 euros per month. I am thinking about getting this. Does anyone currently have said package, and if so how has your experience with it been so far?

Speed:
    2048k Downstream / 256k Upstream

E-mail:
    Free E-mail Addresses

Web Site Hosting:
    Free Unix Hosting (up to 100Mb)

Hardware:
    USB Modem Included

Fixed IP:
    Up to 8 Fixed IP addresses included

Contention:
    24:1

Contract Term:
    Rolling 2 Months

Backup:
    ISDN Backup Included *

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'd go for Eircom or Esat myself. They give you better hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Did you actually look at the pricing page for a 2meg Esat line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Did you actually look at the pricing page for a 2meg Esat line?
    Esat will probably be offering new prices & products around mid April (possibly reselling Eircoms ADSL), so you can expect those prices to come down to be more competitive with Eircom.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Urban Weigl
    I have pasted the specs below. Cost is 159.00 euros per month. I am thinking about getting this. Does anyone currently have said package, and if so how has your experience with it been so far?

Speed:
    2048k Downstream / 256k Upstream

Upload is terrible compaired to download!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i noticed that alright, i wouldn't recommend that to any business what sends big e-mails, or uploads a lot. My home connection has 512k upload!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Upload is terrible compaired to download!
    The whole point of ADSL is that you have a small upload compared to download. That's what the A stand's for :)

Unfortunately we don't have any SDSL yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

yes, but with 2048 download, you should have 512 upload. I;ve seen ADSL packages with 2048/1024, which is very resonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Da Man

I thought the contention on Eircom's top ADSL offering is 4:1? 24:1 seems fairly high.

I'm probably going to switch to Netsource myself whenever it's possible to do a seemless switch-over, but I will go for one of the cheapie options. They seem to be the only non-Eircom outfit that can actually run a network and the supposed lack of cap is nice too.

Advertisement