Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I scan business cards using a flatbed

Options
  • 24-03-2004 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this isn't exactly the right board for this.
    I have a large number of business cards I would like to scan. I don't want to buy a dedicated card scanner but I own a flatbed scanner. Is there OCR software that will work a scanner to scan one or several cards at once on a flatbed and put them into my contact database (Outlook).
    Thanks, iwb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Just layout the cards on the flat bed do a scan as ir you where scanning a normal page the open the scan in PS or even paint and cut each card from the picture, Easy

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks JoePC but I don't think that does what I want. I would like to OCR them into Outlook. I don't see how what you suggest gets that end result or am I missing something?

Advertisement