Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office Network Setup

Options
  • 24-03-2004 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

I'm making the switch over from using a workstation as a server to adding a dedicate machine as a server.

We used to use a machine with win xp pro to allow file sharing and also broadband connection sharing (via a USB Modem).

This all worked fine, but the network became slow so we purchased a new server and got SBS 2003 to install on it, which all seemed to work fine, but then I installed ISA 2000 and now the modem connects but there is no internet access, do I need to configure ISA? or should I just remove it? any ideas would be helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

You could try using Smoothwall GPL instead.
    Its really easy to setup and its free.
    www.smoothwall.org has it available for download.
    It will work even on old hardware like an old Pentium 1/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Ro

Originally posted by colm_c
    This all worked fine, but the network became slow so we purchased a new server and got SBS 2003 to install on it, which all seemed to work fine, but then I installed ISA 2000 and now the modem connects but there is no internet access, do I need to configure ISA? or should I just remove it? any ideas would be helpful

You need to add rules in ISA, under Access Policy -> Site and Content Rules, add a rule to allow everyone access to everything. Then under Network Configuration -> Routing, make sure there is a rule in there. Then restart ISA.

Advertisement