Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB / Zxyel P623 & Officeconnect Router issue

• 24-03-2004 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi

Ive recently got IOL BB installed.
    I wanted to setup a wireless lan at home so i bought a 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g Cable/DSL Gateway and PC card , IOL had supplied me with the modem (Zxyel P623 R-T1 dual modem ).

I wanted to set this up without the wireless feature initailly , but am have not been sucessful.I have yet to be able to connect to the internet through the router .The Laptop connected directly to the modem connects without any problems

Can anyone advise me how to config Modem & Router

cheers

Comments

You have to configure your Zxyel to run in "Bridge Mode" if you are using your other router with it. There is is an option somewhere in the web configurator to do it. Probably under Wan setup.

This basicly delegates the routing to another device namely your 3com router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pq2

thanks Ronac

I see in WAN settings theres a bridge mode , which gives me two options PPPOA or RFC 1483 which should i choose ?(sorry i haven’t much of a clue)

cheers

apologies ...... RONOC

Thanks Ronoc
    i used RFC 1483 and it worked perfectly

Advertisement