Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Car Kit Compatibility

Options
  • 24-03-2004 12:45pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'll be getting a 6610 soon (well, hopefully soon. Curse you an post! :D ) and was looking to get a car kit for it. What models have the same type of connection, just to make sure I get a compatible one?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by MarkR
    Hi Folks,

I'll be getting a 6610 soon (well, hopefully soon. Curse you an post! :D ) and was looking to get a car kit for it. What models have the same type of connection, just to make sure I get a compatible one?

Thanks,

Mark

All the new generation nokias have the same connections for a car kit, AFAIK.

I have one for a 6310i and theres no new phones been made to suit it!!

Phone is going to die soon, 185 hours on the clock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

From what Iv been told even if a new phone does come out with a different port all you need do is change the cradle not the whole car kit

Originally posted by Mr-X
    From what Iv been told even if a new phone does come out with a different port all you need do is change the cradle not the whole car kit

Yea but aren't the cradles nearly the price of a new one well thats AFAIK, I haven't been able to find anywhere who supplys a non Nokia one either.

A full Car kit will cost you about €180 - €200 plus an antenna €30 if your fitting yourself, If your getting it fitted the Antenna will be included the cradle is about 15 Pounds Sterling.

Try The Carphone Warehouse they have a good selection.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mr-X
    the cradle is about 15 Pounds Sterling.
    Where:confused::D

Just did a quick search on google for Nokia 6610 Car Kit here's one for 9.45 Sterling

Nokia MBC-15S

Here Is the Irish site prices in Euro

Nokia 6610 Accessories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

i fit car kits, dont go near carphone warehouse, they rip you off, kit for that should cost about e260 fitted, , (that includes a gsm booster aerial that carphone warehouse dont even tell you about) unless u use internet, but its dodgy. all the 66xx and them small camera ones are the same and will be around for a while. and yes the new kits come with interchangeable cradles, old ones didnt. want any more advice, give us a shout,

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was thinking about one of these..

56_1.JPG

Anyone have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

mark..... dont touch that... its a piece of monkey dung.... you wont hear a thing, it'll rattle and then break... spend the money and get the proper one if you can.... saves so much hassle, and if you change cars, change the kit over too. also, the one you show has an earpiece...they'll be illegal in cars too cos theres a wire on it if u use it. might seem like a lot of cash...but worth it :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

@Kermitt: -

I'm getting a Nokia 6610 myself soon and want to get the full Nokia car kit, where's the cheapest place to buy one of these? (I'm going to install it myself). I currently have the CARK-91 for the 6310i

Cheers,

DC

Advertisement