Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biblical spyware

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Try Ad-aware, http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ . There's another utility as well that's supposed to be even better,forget the name of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

is there any reason you need to use ie?
    i see you have firefox also why not use that all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Spybot - Search and destroy should do the trick....

http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah that's the other one I was thinking of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Perhaps "Gay Chat" just gravitates towards you. ;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    Perhaps "Gay Chat" just gravitates towards you. ;)

Perhaps but id like control of it :)

I have both utilities above and none of them are effective :( anyway i can remove them manually?

I do use firefox but I want the stuff of my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

try hijackthis! and/or cwshredder, of course it goes without saying that you should be using mozi-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Aye, cwshredder has helped me out many times.

" I swear I just stumbled into that pr0n site, your honour " :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Look in control panal, add/remove programs. Had something similair. Just removed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If none of the spyware removal tools or Add/Remove Programs works:

There'll be a registry entry for the particular tool bar in Internet Explorers registry folders (HKEY_LOCAL_USER > Software > Microsoft > Internet Explorer, likewise under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE). I can't remember exactly where IE sticks these associations,

Search for that particualar toolbar in there and if you know what you're doing delete the necessary keys. Looking at the keys will also tell you where the toolbar has hidden itself. I've sucessfully removed unwanted spyware before in this way.

[As always advice to edit the registry comes with a warning]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

make sure you update both adware and spybot!

Oh something else you might want to try, seen as how you use IE, you could try out spyware blaster can help prevent getting the stuff in the first place. Found it very good.

Gid.

Thanks lads but I had to just search through the registry and delete it that way. Annoying shít ffs. I should really learn how to use linux :(

Advertisement