Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 1 Series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The latest 1-Series codenamed E81 has been caught testing on UK roads, BMWhope to sell 30,000 a year in the UK with the starting price of £15,000

Sorry no info on price here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

It will cost at least 30k here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by full forward

Ah I doubt it will be that high, the 316i is €35,000.

I'd say the basic version will be around €25,000-€26,000

• Registered Users Posts: 65,377 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by full forward

Hard to say. The cheapest Audi A3 is 26k, and the entry Alfa 147 is 23k, so I'd expect around the 28k mark for the entry model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Looks like the Mazda 3 to me with a few swishs here and there. Obviously they see the A3 as a threat to Compact sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Definitely looks like an attempt to get some of the business the A3 and the Alfa 147 are getting. Plus, its a much nicer looking car than the 3-series compact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I have a 316i and I'm very happy with it. This looks very nice, I'd definitly think of buying that next.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Bloody hell - another ugly car to add to the already ugly BMW range. I used to drive BMW when they looked like BMW's. Now they're not good looking cars anymore. In my opinion it's the badge thats carrying them at the moment 'cause no matter whats under the hood it's looks that sell cars to joe-public.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Nice car, but not very practical for a small family as Id say the boot will be tiny..

So it will be aimed at the same market as the A3 and 147 customer and to be honest
    it will probably put a serious dent in Audi's customer share..

Nice but not for me..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

looks like an alfa 147 with a sports wagon rear end

I don't like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

BMW 147, and it looks like the guy who ruined the rest of the range has had his dirty mitts on it, it'll be rear drive, the next generation of hooligans car, maybe.

edit can anyone else see pt cruiser too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Featuring four engines, three gearboxes and rear wheel drive, a combination not found in any of its competitors, the BMW 1 Series makes its entrance in Autumn 2004.

That should be an interesting drive! Presumably if three of your engines break down the engine management will allow you to limp home on the last one. I would have thought the added weight of three gearboxes would blunt performance somewhat. No wonder it needs rear wheel drive!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

another ugly car to add to the already ugly BMW range

Can't agree more - 5 series, 6 series, 7 series & 1 series all look awful, all now designed to appeal to the fleet buyers! The new 3 series will no doubt be another monstrosity... was a fairly loyal BM driver but will be staying away for the forseeable future...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Have you seen the new M5 (concept?) pics, i think it's very nice looking.
    not sure abour 6, 7 well i dont know i can say aboutr it thats good!
    3 series, fine looking car (hope they leave it like that) especially the M3 (will own one one day)
    this 1 series is a bit dogy in my opinion but not the worst, pics dont often do justice to what the cars like in real life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Don't like it personally but will appeal to the female market which is obviously who it is aimed at.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by jozi
    Have you seen the new M5 (concept?) pics, i think it's very nice looking.
    not sure abour 6, 7 well i dont know i can say aboutr it thats good!
    3 series, fine looking car (hope they leave it like that) especially the M3 (will own one one day)
    this 1 series is a bit dogy in my opinion but not the worst, pics dont often do justice to what the cars like in real life
    The New M5
    http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39836
    5L V10, high revving, 7 speed SMG, "best power to weight", 500bhp / >500Nm, 0-200kph in 13 seconds

Have you seen the new M5 (concept?) pics

yep... a pig ugly car with a fantastic engine and chassis.... much like the last Subaru Impreza... would take the previous M5 over the new one in a heartbeat

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ken, you still got your E30 & E36?
    Going to the track day in a few weeks?

Still have my E30 - am starting to renovate it, my dad bought my E36 a few weeks ago, and within two days some asshole reversed into it in a carpark and drove off - had never been scratched when I owned it!

Just did a track day in my CRX - so am preparing it for the track as I'm hooked, 4 pot calipers and discs, supercharger etc.. should be fun. Wouldn't dare take the E30 out - the brakes are softer than the Andrex puppy and turning the steering wheel is like buying a lottery ticket - theres a good chance the car will go in the direction you're steering but its more than likely that it won't.. might pop down for a look though

Advertisement