Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane mouse

Options
  • 24-03-2004 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Sometimes my mouse stops for a few seconds and then starts going again. And in extreme cases disappears and starts clicking everything like crazy then stops after a few seconds. Eventually the mouse stops working altogether and I have to use the keyboard to navigate. It's not that bad actually, the only thing you can't do is click on weblinks easily and access the tray icons.

The mouse is the standard microsoft corded wheelmouse. So what to do now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Make sure that you have selected the correct mouse type in Control Panel.

I've seen this happen when a mouse isn't recognised correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

could be spyware
    Download either adaware6 or spybot search and destroy for free then do a full system scan

happened me and the prob was feckin spyware

regards
    eirlink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

When I Had Linux Red Hat 8.0, I Was Messing Around With The Settings and Reconfigured The Drivers So That It Would Recognise The Wheel Button On My
    Mouse And The Pointer Went Crazy,Really Crazy, Check The Drivers.

Advertisement