Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think of the FA Premiership?

• 24-03-2004 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Okay, I posted this on the Sports board, but nobody reads that one (they're all in Soccer, or whatnot), so I think the after-hours forum is a better place for it.

Myself and some friends had this conversation recently, that far less people are following the Premiership these days than, say, 5 years ago. Over-exposure, the domination of 3/4 teams, and the bad reputation of players have turned some people (including myself) off the league.
    Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

exactly! used to watch it dont any more was an avid arsenal fan, still like watching arsenal in europe though to see if they can actually do it or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

have you seen this??

how could you think that after hours was a better place to post this than in soccer let alone as you say sport. i understand from what you posted in sports, that it would colour the poll results, but the forums are there for a reason.

on to your topic now, i do only have a passing interest in the league (west ham supporter here) but then again i dont follow club soccer as much as i want to. just couldnt be bothered anymore i guess. it has become too much of a 3 horse race nowadays, and certainly the recent storys about the players have tainted the sport a bit. i know some people who have stopped watching the premiership alltogether because of the reasons you outlined above. my interest dwindled a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

picked last option
    It's not that I hate it, it's just that I've no interest in it.
    I don't watch any of the matches. No real interest. Although, I do like to see Man Utd get their ass kicked. Only because a most of the fans are very arrogant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

watching soccer sucks sucks hard, especially when its not even Ireland playing, and this should be in the soccer forum regardless of the fact that "but nobody reads that one". That way I dont have to see this thread and waste my time and your time telling you that soccer sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

wrong board

Moved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

I completely and utterly disagree that this is the wrong board, and that it should have been moved. I posted it on After Hours because I wanted the opinions of non or ex soccer fans. I wanted the poll voted on the basis of a neutral board. The soccer board are mostly soccer fans, therefore you'll get an unbalanced result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by ReefBreak
    I completely and utterly disagree that this is the wrong board, and that it should have been moved. I posted it on After Hours because I wanted the opinions of non or ex soccer fans. I wanted the poll voted on the basis of a neutral board. The soccer board are mostly soccer fans, therefore you'll get an unbalanced result.

agreed. Monty this shouldn't have been moved. What's the point in asking people on a soccer board whether they follow the premiership - the majority of them do. The idea is to poll people who aren't following the premiership anymore (and therefore won't go near the soccer board) and ask them why.

move it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Theres a lot of soccer fans on boards that follow League of Ireland Spanish or Italian leagues!
    Although I agree you are limiting your viewers by moving it to the soccer forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

seing as i started ill finish :D

If this was a thread such as "soccer Is Gay" or "soccer sucks" then it would have been ok for after hours, cause that obviosly would be moved straight to the recycle bin if it were posted in the soccer forum. The Premiership as you say is to specific - its soccer stuff, you want to know if people have moved onto other leagues or other sports .etc, its still sports jargon. I dont want to have to hear or see "The Premiership". It offends my eyes, and insults my intelligence :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

In any event thr poll options are slightly narrow. I have an interest in the premiership try to watch the highlights every week and matches when I have the chance. I wouldn't class the premiership as being great and the pinnacle of soccer but I have far more than just a passing interest in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement