Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wap Question (am i being scammed)

• 24-03-2004 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

With vodafone live, when you enter into the web-page that says all the features they offer, do you have to pay for this web-page or is it free. On my t610 there are two buttons on the phone to access this, and i've hit them about 100 times by accident, are these pages free or will I get a massive bill.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Vodafone will charge you a minimum fee for every GPRS connection you make, so you get charged for 10KB for every connection no matter if you traffic any data or not. Looking at the high / entry level Vodafone WAP portal menus doesn't cost anything until you link down far enough to read actual content then they charge you a per page fee (which differs if you are using regular WAP or Live!). If you look at non-Vodafone Live! content (i.e. other WAP sites) you get charged per KB transferred.

...so that was the most simple system they could come up with for everyone to understand ;)

I've had a few people mention the fact they are accidentally initiating GPRS sessions on Vodafone Live! branded handsets (due to one or more buttons being hijacked for this task compared to the untainted versions of the handsets). Vodafone is the only operator with this minimum connection quota/charge, the others currently just bill for traffic...

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I have a Vodafone T610 too and it's an absolute disgrace what they have done to this otherwise wonderful phone - what is it with those disgusting icons ??????

rant/ It seems logical to expect that if pushing down on the stick goes down through your phone numbers that pushing up would go the opposite way ! But no . . Vodafone had to screw this up and make you view Live !. On an untainted unit the top-right key and * locks the phone - on a VF model the top-right key calls VF Live ! Why ???? /end rant :mad:

Tinky

Advertisement